Gran Caribe Real (formerly Continental Villas) **** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. grbella

grbella Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mixed feelings...

We stayed for 7 days in July... it was VERY hot (we live in Florida!) and humid. The A/C hardly worked at all! They ended up giving us a fan in our room, which did help a little.
    We had a room in the villa area, not the tower (main hotel area)...yes, it is a long walk to go eat, etc. but the privacy was nice.
    We enjoyed the food...although I came to Mexico to eat Mexican food...hardly got any! Service was always good, food always fresh. We were on an all inclusive plan and took advantage of the room service a couple of times...which I recommend against...each time, the order was wrong and cold!
    We tipped well, so perhaps that is why we had good service (not room service). I am glad we didnt stay in the "towers"...the power was out 1 day for about 6-8 hours...those stairs get a bit difficult after a couple of floors. Just so happened that the day the power went out there was a lot of rain...so you couldn't even swim or go for walks to amuse yourself...just how many times can you play BINGO?!?!?!

Anyway...the place certainly does need some work, but our maid kept our room nice for us and we took lots of cool showers to keep cooled off. It probably isn't the nicest/best hotel on the strip...but we enjoyed it!

2. cruiserlv

cruiserlv Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great info....thanks!

3. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know if the Gran Caribe Real is up and running and taking guests for Nov 21?

4. aztec_guera

aztec_guera Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gran Caribe Real

I have heard and they are not. The tower portion will reopen on dec 15th with the Villa portion to open at a later date. The sister hotel might be able to accomodate you. It is the Gran Costa Real. I know it officially re-opens on Dec 1 100%. I am not sure if they have a portion open now for guests. It was my understanding that they don't but it would be worth a call. They are located on Playa Linda and didn't sustain the damage that the Gran Caribe did. Give the Costa Real a call. I have the number if you need it.

5. 4stix

4stix Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gran Caribe Real in march break

Does anyone know if the gran caribe real is a party spot during march break. I have stayed there before but never during that time and i have enjoyed myself very much everytime i have gone. I only want to stay there during that time if there are going to be a lot of young people staying there. If anyone could give me any help i would appreciate it. thanks

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think it is pretty good during March Break I am lookin to go there myself I have heard the crowds are good. But do keep in mind it is a family resort. Not adults only.

7. Bugzar

Bugzar Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Has anyone been to the Gran Caribe recently? I am headed there on Feb 20th, and am just wondering the status of the beach/hotel etc.!
    Thanks!
    :D

8. S†eve0

S†eve0 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would very much like for people to fill me in on the Grand Caribe Real.I am heading there on December 5th for a whole week and would like to know if there is still construction going on there.I see the other posts were pretty old so that is why I ask.So basicly , anyone that has been there recently ? :)

Pics will REALLy help. Hehe thanks :)

9. MN_Mike

MN_Mike Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ocean Front Villas vs. Main Tower

We are staying here Jan 11th - 18th of 2007. My brother (as a gift!) upgraded our basic rooms to the Junior Suite Ocean Front. I think this is off on the villa side and not in the main tower.

Can anyone who has stayed here recently comment on pros and cons of the ocean front villas vs. the main tower?

Thanks!

10. Spens

Spens Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got back and the place is getting better and better. Lots of work is going on in the new phase. I would recommend upgrading to these rooms. The beach is fine but has taken a pounding from the waves. As February comes, that should wind down. The new phase is actually called The Royale and includes a new pool that just opened while we were there. We did have to put up with construction noise but it was well worth having a room that had never been used yet. The food was okay but will get better as they are adding 3 restaurants. Service and alcohol was great though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice