Gran Caribe Real (formerly Continental Villas) **** AI/EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Gran Caribe Real

Renamed in March 2004 from the Continental Villas. Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Gran Caribe Real here.

Located at Km11 it is a short hop by bus to the party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 25 minute bus journey away.

Travel Center (All Inclusive)

Travel Center (European Plan)

2. Logan

Logan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just returned from a week here, and I liked the resort for the most part. We stayed in the tower sections and had a lagoon view room with a 12 by 10 balcony which overlooked one of the three pools.

Pros

The rooms were nice, the staff was great, the time waiting for drinks was short. The beach was pretty good, plenty of room and enough chairs for everyone that wanted one. It looked like there was a little beach erosion, but nothing to bad. I swam in the ocean everyday, the surf was a little rough, and the flag was always yellow. They closed the beach between 5 and 6 pm everyday. (for swimming) There were plenty of activities everyday to keep you happy. Pat O'Brians and Margaritville were across the street. 8)

Cons

The food at the Albatros and Gavitos and even the pool side outdoor resturants got old fast. They served the same things it seemed everyday. It wasn't all that great either. Marias and the one by the beach (can't remember the name) were good. The Villas looked nice but were a long way from the activities. The resort seems large, and if you didn't set a time with people to meet them again, you might not see them again during your stay there. Never a problem at the smaller resorts. The 24 hour snack bar was at the end of the resort by the villias pool. Which made for a long walk for a snack at 3:00 am after a night out on the town.

I will stay here when I return in June with my kids, but when I go alone or with a friend in November I will look into a smaller resort like the Costa Real or BBG.

3. ckolden

ckolden Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Grand Caribe Real

Has anyone stayed at the Grand Caribe Real?

7 Friends and I are going to in a week or so. What did you like? Dislike? Any suggestions on where we should eat, activities, ect? Thanks.

4. grbella

grbella Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am confused :?
    2 postings say this resort is near km11.... the map link below says it is near km5 or km6...
    what is the acurate location of this resort?

http://www.cancuncare.com/maps/cancunmap.jpg

Thanks! :sunny:

5. Logan

Logan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is a older map, and the original Grand Caribe was there, I believe it's now the RIU.

6. grbella

grbella Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hope someone can help me decipher which hotel is which.... I am to be staying at the Gran Caribe Real (per the travel agent)....
    One board says the Gran Caribe Real was "Continental Villas"
    Another says "Riu Caribe" formerly "Gran Caribe".... is the Gran Caribe Real NOW the Riu Caribe? OR is the Gran Caribe Real still known under that name? oh...I am SO confused...and I haven't had any margarita's yet!! :?

Perhaps maybe a KM marker number would be helpful too, if anyone knows it.
    Thanks!

7. lindat

lindat Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed at the Caribe Real ( formerly Continental Plaza) last year...it was NOT good. Service was horrible, food was really bad. Rooms were beautiful, but air conditioning didn't work, and neither did the fridge. Elevator broke 5 times, ( once with us in it). Managment was rude and surly. We would NOT go back again.

8. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  9. cruiserlv

cruiserlv Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we are visiting oct. 2-10th for a friends wedding. What can we expect? All the pictures I have seen of the resort just show one pool...yet someone said this is a huge resort?

10. Brookers13

Brookers13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i dont know about the pools...but the resort is very long...not like the moon palace...but longer than most on the strip...just what i noticed...we didnt stay there but had friends who did

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice