Gradcity

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by tatersalad2150, Feb 18, 2009.

1. tatersalad2150

tatersalad2150 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I'm new to this board but have been reading it and researching on in for a couple weeks. I must say that this is THE place to go for Cancun information. Now for some questions that I couldn't find answers to:

1) I booked a trip with gradcity for April 5 through the 12 :D and was wondering about the gradcity extreme club card. Is it really worth it? the line up is as follows:

The Extreme Club Card includes seven Nights Free or Reduced Cover at Cancun clubs, two Main Events with $1 beverages, plus two Excursions.

Reduced Cover at Dady'O
    Restaurant: Dady O'
    Day(s) of the Week: Monday

Fear Factor Party at Senor Frog's
    Restaurant: Senor Frog's
    Day(s) of the Week: Sunday

Graffiti Party at Dady Rock
    Restaurant: Dady Rock
    Day(s) of the Week: Tuesday

Reduced Cover at Pat O'Brien's
    Restaurant: Pat O'Brien's
    Day(s) of the Week: Wednesday

Sunset Party Cruise Excursion
    Day(s) of the Week: Thursday

Reduced Cover at Basic
    Restaurant: Basic Discotheque
    Day(s) of the Week: Friday

Reduced Cover at The City
    Restaurant: The City
    Day(s) of the Week: Saturday

Snorkel Cruise Excursion
    Day(s) of the Week: Any

I was wondering about the reduced cover. Is this reduced open bar cover or just entrance? I'm assuming it's not open bar :( . My group of 4 will be 18 so no worries there. How much is it reduced? Are the 2 "main events" any good? and how good is the snorkeling excursion? What all does the "Sunset Party Cruise Excursion" include? These are all questions I'm trying to get answered because depending on how good this package is, we will all be booking separate excursions and going with a studentcity pass.

2) the student city pass: how much is a 4 day pass? the website says they offer a 4 day pass but I cannot find a price when googled or searched on here. My attempts at emailing both gradcity and studentcity have so far been unanswered.

So all in all......would it be better to buy a 4 day studentcity pass and book a separate snorkeling excursion, or buy the gradcity pass and pay for drinks and hope the excursions are good? I know I have asked a ton of questions but I want to have the best experience in cancun and I trust the members of this site know the cold hard facts. THANKS!!!!!

2. tatersalad2150

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  3. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't think anyone knows about GradCity. The majority book with StudentCity or independently. Booking with GradCity, you're with all the high schoolers..

4. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the boards.

This is the first time i've heard of GradCity, so I honestly have no clue, and i've been on here for years.

5. tatersalad2150

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    gradcity is the same exact company as studentcity, its just a high school branch. They offer party packages, but since they are high school trips they cannot directly supply alcohol to their travelers. Their party packages get you reduced or free cover into clubs with $1 drinks......that way they aren't directly giving you alcohol. Everything else is almost the same just with a toned down image....but its cancun so there is no toning it down :D . They finally emailed me back so i got the skinny on gradcity's package so thats done. I do, however, want any info and pricing on the 4 day studentcity party packages, since we are allowed to buy them once we are in cancun through a studentcity rep. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice