GP Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by heatandsun, Dec 19, 2008.

1. heatandsun

heatandsun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I need to have my yearly mammo, pap, and blood work (thyroid) tests done. I checked the stickies but nobody came up with a 'family' doctor - not even sure that's what they're called here.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
    Sue
    http://dentrodeljardin.blogspot.com

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really like Rebeca Malis, she's an ob/gyn who's been treating many of my friends here for years and years. I know a few folks who do not like her, but I know more who trust her completely. With me she's been careful and thorough. She's Mexican but is fluent in English.

Ofc: 998-845-1239
    Cell: 998-884-5066

3. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    doc

RG,

I forgot to thank you for referring me to Rebeca! I love her!!!

I went to her for an annual check-up and because I'd been having issues with high blood pressure (to the point it was scary and involved a trip to the ER in the middle of the night). I called her and she gave me a list of blood tests she needed, in addition to the list of things the hospital recommended. I went to a lab that she recommended (VERY, VERY clean and professional. can't rem the name at the moment, but it's in Plaza Nichupte.) and got the tests. Then, on the day the test results were ready, I went for my appointment with Rebeca.

I talked to her for nearly an hour...giving her my medical history and telling her what problems I'd been having recently. My actual exam was 10-15 minutes, which about average, I'd say. I have NEVER had a doctor sit and talk to me for that long though. I was amazed. And she explained the blood test results to me in detail as well. I can't say enough nice things about her. She doesn't seem to sugar-coat things so if you don't want to hear the truth, you might not like her.

The only complaint I have is that she insisted I lose 25 pounds by the end of the year. ;-) (Like I said...she doesn't sugar-coat things.)

So, thanks again RG! I FINALLY have a doc in Cancun!

4. heatandsun

heatandsun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, RiverGirl for the information and Susan for the vote of confidence. I'll give her a call!

Sue

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice