GP Chaos Crewe Lite 2016 Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Exiles' started by bearhug, Dec 8, 2016.

1. bearhug

bearhug Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    (Posted in GP forum too...but figured it belonged here...)

Well...I've been busy since getting back and am finally getting around to writing down my thoughts about this trip to GP.

Chaos Crewe is a tamer group but still bat shit crazy none the less. I've been in Jan, Apr and July as well. However I've made some amazing friends with this group and the weather generally cooperates so it's awesome. Enough about us...you want to know about the resort. Well,

Short version: Overall the trip was a great experience. Combined with great friends, good food, lots to drink and a mini Boobs Cruise lite (not to be mistaken with the real thing), it was a great vacation. But never will I say it replaces or comes close to the party or atmosphere we create together at TTR. I would go back if TTR was still closed next year and I hope I could drag more of you along with us so there are more of us to create a bigger party. As it were, we had about 15-20 of us there which is a far cry to the 100 or so that come in Nov/Dec. 30-50 people could change the vibe...and GP over Oasis Sens

I'm going to start with the best part of my trip...the Boobs Cruise lite
    I texted Steve after a couple days because the pool are was boring and the cruise for our week got canceled. I won't give pricing or details...but we were able to rent a boat (catamaran) for up to 20 people. We had a few less than that. We partied like we were on the Boobs Cruise. The staff on the boat went above and beyond for us. It was an eventful cruise and fun despite some rough water. We snorkeled, skinny dipped, hit the same beach for lunch and went to the Isla for a quick trip around town. It was a full day, everyone was drunk and it was AWESOME. So...if you are a TTR exile and want out...(Steve tell me to edit this but I warned you I was posting) ...contact Steve and hook it up for your group (looking at you April Addicts...). None of the CCC staff was available to join us but it was still fun. Yes...if we had Chinos, Omar, Sara69, Steve or Janet there would have made it that much better...but you create your own party and it was so worth it!!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!! DO IT!!

Drinks: They were fine when you got what you asked for. Their alcohol selection varied based on which bar you went to. Our bartender at the Tiki bar (Carlos) figured out what some of our ladies liked and worked to make sure he had it stocked. Otherwise it was the same rule as TTR, you don't get what you don't ask for...unless the bartender likes you.

Not Tops Optional: It's not technically tops optional as our ladies discovered. The rules changed a little each day, but they said if 3 people complain about topless women they ask for the tops to be put back on...this didn't go over well with our group...so...well...that was interesting.

Night Vibe: We created it...Carlos took care of the Tiki bar overlooking the ocean most nights. He kept the bar open later than the resort wanted him to and he was a great time. An awesome couple of TTR exiles I had not met previously brought out their speaker and TTR style music (pitbull...etc...) and we partied every night out there until 1 am to 2 am (varied). There were only up to 30 people or so outside at any given time (often less) but we had fun. No theme nights to speak of...but again, you create your own party. Couple of times we retreated to my room for more drinks which we had purchased across the street (hot tub in the club rooms).

Day Vibe...the place was a grave yard...they didn't joke about playing bingo, they did play bingo! And it was a hit apparently. Tequila mexican rules volley ball was the most popular activity and even that didn't always work properly (no naked tequila volleyball...sorry). We again had to do what we could, but the music was quiet, the staff was mostly quiet.

THERE IS NO POOL BAR. So you either get out and go get drinks or rely on one of the two ladies patrolling the poolside. Tipping helped some days and it didn't do anything on others. It worked later in the week as they got to know us. We brought beer pong tables which provided a fun distraction and quick way to get drunk.

Pool: Weird...super shallow in one section, waist high in the rest.
    Hot Tub: actually hot'ish...warm'ish. Fun could be had later into the night when no one can see. It's a big hot tub. Fit 15-20 people comfortably. TTR style pile in would be 50 and still have room to drink your drink.
    Beach: Beautiful...didn't care too much as I do not go on vacation for the beach...but it was much nicer and if you like beaches...you'd love this!

Rooms: Mine was great. I paid for the club room. Had a mini fridge that did about the same as everyone's fridge at TTR. Club rooms are all on the 6th floor and have an in room 2 person hot tub. Bathroom was fine. Bed was comfy. Pillows were fine. Nothing special and nothing to complain about. Clean and decent in mine.

Food: I was pleasantly surprised...there were a few times that I was underwhelmed and some were disappointed in certain things they got (frozen salmon carpaccio for one of our crewe), but overall it was good.
    The buffet has a lot of fresh food stations and not a lot of stuff in a bowl that you put on your plate. This was both good and bad. Made for decent fresh food but also waiting if you wanted to eat NOW. This was true for all 3 meals, though they did close a couple nights at dinner forcing you to a la cartes...which leads me to my next point
    Dinner... a la cartes do not need reservations.
    Steakhouse...just ok
    Japanese (Sumo)...decent...but I'm a sushi snob. They have sake so that was nice.
    Seafood (Pier 12)...same menu as lunch and dinner...only a la carte open at breakfast and lunch as well. I highly recommend going here instead of buffet until you get bored of it...the food was awesome and the view is spectacular from this place
    Shangri-la...BEST ONE! Well at least in my opinion. Once I discovered this restaurant (which of course was the last one I visited) I didn't go anywhere else for dinner. They had a legit beef tenderloin (way better than their steakhouse). This is easily a $30 cut of meat. Cooked perfectly. Duck breast was good, quail was nice (order a second dish with it). No one had complaints about the mains. The appetizers are hit and miss but I liked the fois gras and the peach salad.
    Breezes (pool side resto): Open almost all the time. Burgers, fries, chips, hot dogs and wings (most of the time). Good for a quick pick me up...but never as good as a patyo's burger

...and ROOM SERVICE: Awesome. The food was good. Dinner worked great...ordered for 6 people one night. I had the flank steak, it was decent. Wings...asked for them well done and they came that way...yum. Could order drinks but wouldn't come often enough to make it a good source. They had a similar breakfast thing as TTR (hang the thingy on the door) except they had bacon/sausage and eggs available among some other combos. Their night time snack menu when you were drunk was not as expansive as the lunch/dinner menu, but more than adequate.

All in all, met some awesome people who will come to TTR in the future, had a great time with old friends and makes me thankful for the CCC community & for the party at TTR. This vacation was relaxing (soooo weird) but still fun.

GP vs Oasis: Having been to both Oasis Sens and Golden Parnassus, I would choose GP...but go where your friends are and that's where the party will be...and book a boat with Steve...

2. Chris&Tammy

Chris&Tammy Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Completely agree Bearhug! Good realistic report. It definitely got better the more familiar faces that showed up. Was nice to meet the new folks too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice