GOV-Temptation-Golden Parnassus ?

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Restling, Jan 24, 2014.

1. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    Only been to TTR 3 times. First 2 times was to Cabo TTR (which is no longer owned by same owners, thats a long story) but while in cabo we met a few people who had been to Cancun TTR like 7 times. They told us all the good and bad about it. So the third year we had to go to cancun to see for our selves (last year) since Cabo was sold. It was exactly what that group had described, good and bad. We went with a special couple and the 4 of us easily agreed it was the best vacation of our lives, mostly due to the fun people we met, the atmosphere and lastly the resort.

So its very plausible to us to have the new best vacation ever at GOV which we are trying end of Feb and again we are traveling with a special couple. Dont forget that GOV is doing something that no other resort is trying right now. Stealing employees from TTR and directly communicating with us here on CCC. Ya maybe its lip service but they warned us many many times it will not be the party of TTR for at least 6 months. Those of us that are ignoring that warning are still complaining, and staying our course by taking our own party to them. I bet we have an awesome vacation at GOV and the changes we hope to see at TTR might just happen. (wishful thinking exactly) :)

2. desire-66

desire-66 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Restling

Your post was fine. I think she read it wrong. I had no idea what she was talking about

I was actually shaking my head when reading it.

Keep up the posting

3. Western Iowa Traveler

Western Iowa Traveler Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Every resort is different, and every vacation is what you make of it. We have been to Sun Palace 1 time. Gorgeous place, but pretty boring. Been to Tempations 3 times. Had the time of our lives every time. This year we are going to give GOV a try, not because we are looking for a grass is greener on the other side resort, but because we like to mix things up once in awhile. Most of the people we have met at Temptations are going to be leaving or are gone by the time we would arrive, so we just thought what the heck, use the opportunity to check out a different resort. Our one requirement when we travel by ourselves is adults only, so GOV fits the bill. After that we simply hope to meet some fun people and have a good time. We have a good group of people from Cancuncare going the last week of February who I have no doubt are going to party it up with us a bit.

Regardless, you are on vacation, sun, sand, booze, its all good! Looking forward to meeting some wonderful people and having another fantastic vacation:lotsofmichaelfs:

4. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    We love TTR also but I am getting a little restless and want to see some other places...not quite ready to completely give up going to TTR, so we are splitting our trip with our GOV trip. We definitely are hoping that GOV will be all that the brochure says...the sexy spicy concept because we enjoy that!!! Was hoping that when the new concept took place on Dec 23rd that all of the changes that needed "permission" would have been ready to go.
    The other reason that made GOV so inviting was the price. TTR is out pricing themselves I think. When we started going there in 2003 up until this year, the prices were reasonable. This year to stay 4 nights with our airfare is what we paid a few years ago for 6 nights. So....that is partially why we are looking at other options.
    What we really enjoy about TTR is the friendliness of most everyone there and of course the fun atmosphere all day and all night. I have outfits that are only for Cancun and that is fun too!!!
    We are like others....wanting a similar experience (but know it will not be EXACTLY like TTR) and will make the most of our vacation because in reality...we are in the sun, on a beach with each other and that is the start of any GREAT vacation!!

5. BeatleBarley

BeatleBarley Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Your posts are fine. The bottom line is that people go back to TTR repeatedly for the party and the people. I know people who go to the GP because its a nicer resort with better food and they relax there. They agree that if they wanted a party they would go to TTR. Actually, one of them introduced me to TTR Cabo a couple of years ago when we went there.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  6. halifaxdan

halifaxdan I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    All the posts have been fine. No one has said anything wrong or insulted anyone

7. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    What was so difficult for you to understand?

8. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    'She' is a little fired up lately lol

Sorry, couldn't resist :)

9. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    For that I say, may you be surprised by your strait-laced cousin in law, again, on your next vacation, my good man

And may all your hot tub times be LG infested

10. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lets be honest, A lot of folks consider TTR a bit much !!! I don't, but my wife does. Of course, we have been married 40+ years and the only time she has ever threatened to divorce me was our last stay at Hedo. "If I wanted see dogs have sex, I would just go to our city park" !! Pretty clear, she is a bit inhibited. Everyone has their own tolerance level.

I like a "sexy" resort with a great beach she likes a resort with a great beach and fun people. I think quite a few folks are looking for a good mid point between TTR and GP. Gp has a great beach, but rough water.

Hoping that was going to be GOV, but we are going April anyway.

She was on her thread mill today getting her bikini body ready !!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice