GOV April 2014 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Trina, Jan 17, 2014.

1. 2@69

2@69 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will be there the same time

2. NashvilleKary

NashvilleKary Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just booked for April 20th - 26th... Two time TTR vet., first time at GOV... Looking forward to curling my toes in some sand and meeting fun people!

3. jtrotor

jtrotor Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Newbie here thought I would introduce ourselves (john and Melissa) and add us to the roll call april 25-may 3. This is our second attempt at staying at oasis viva. We were there in 2005 for our honeymoon but was swiftly evacuated after a day and a half due to hurricane wilma and spent the rest of our stay at an oasis hotel downtown cancun in a hallway. We loved oasis viva's staff, facility and location we can't wait to get back and have some fun in the sun. It's a little early for us to celebrate our 10 year anniversary but we decided to NOT go to Cancun during hurricane season anymore; But wow what an experience!!! We plan on bringing the few pics we have from then to recreate.

4. Norreg

Norreg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    April 12-19

Please add us to the Roll Call List
    Can't wait to arrive at GOV to meet new friends and have some fun.

5. amandai

amandai Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    April 21-27

Hi! My friends and I will be joining in on the fun April 21-27.

6. Sox

Sox Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    April Roll Call

April 21-27

7. kanewahine69

kanewahine69 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    April 8-16

We will be at Viva for our first trip April 8-16! Yeah!
    Many trips to Temptations and looking to find another fun place to party!:daveandmo:

8. BILLLANDRY

BILLLANDRY Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0
    Tourism Board Press Release
    I just saw this press release, it was give to me by a friend of mine in the travel industry. Could put a kink in this Aprils (and beyond) vacation plans. Big changes ahead :(

April 1, 2014
    During a meeting held on Wednesday March 19th, the Greater Cancun Hotel and Tourism Board considered a resolution to revise regulations pertaining to mass tourism and specifically the sale of alcohol and public decency. The states of Quintana Roo, Yucatán and Campeche have long held that the region of the Yucatán Peninsula is a significant cultural resource. As such a plan was developed to help regulate the regional market as well as to tailor a long term development plan concentrating on ensuring that this region of Mexico, renowned for its natural beauty and indigenous Mayan culture is primed to become the premier family friendly tourist destination for coming generations.

The proposal which was accepted by a vote of 115 – 87 places Cancun and the Rivera Maya at the leading edge of this exciting new era in Mexican tourism. There will be some changes that the returning tourist may notice. While minor we are certain that you will enjoy the new and improved Yucatán tourism experience.

What’s new:
    - Enhanced public transportation: In order to continue to deliver a first rate public transportation system, all tourists will be charged a fee of 50 USD per week equivalent for access to public transport busses in the city of Cancun as well as Playa Del Carmen and on the Island of Cozumel. Monies collected are earmarked to purchase a new state of the art bicycle fleet to benefit everyone.
    - Cancun International Airport: A new 30 km long monorail will be constructed to reach most points in the Hotel Zone. This is a large construction project, however an aggressive construction schedule means that it should be complete in less than 5 years.
    - Liquor regulation: Long term studies identified that many families choose other locations to vacation in because of extremely late open service hours or all inclusive pricing. As a result these practices will no longer be permitted in the localities of Cancun, Riviera Maya and Cozumel.
    o Establishments are now required to end the service of alcohol at 1:00 am
    o All liquor serving establishments must end shows and close by 2:00 am except by special event permit.
    o Hotels are no longer permitted to offer all inclusive liquor service
    o Liquor prices are now required by law to sell at regulated prices, the minimum price as allowed by law is $50 pesos per drink (1oz. liquor, 16 oz. beer, 12 oz. glass of wine)
    o Private liquor sales are only to occur in government owned and operated stores. These will be open from 12:00 to 17:00 each day to the general public.
    o Liquor prices at approved retail locations are subject to a 20% improvement tax
    - Renewed focus on public decency
    o Establishments that currently allow topless or clothing optional services will no longer be permitted to operate under those conditions.
     Government inspectors have been instructed to cite both the tourist and business owner with no warnings given.
    • Tourist - $500 USD per violation, or one night in a municipal jail
    • Business - $50,000 MXP per occurrence, food services / liquor licences will be suspended after 3 documented occurrences
    - All boats operating more than 500 feet from shore are required to have all passengers wearing approved life preservers as well as adhering to the liquor and decency regulations noted above.
    - This is an April fools joke
    - All hotels are required by law to allow children, promoting family tourism.
    - A $100 USD environmental improvement levy shall be applied upon exiting the country. Failure to pay may result in additional fines or incarceration.
    We recognize that these new regulations may negatively impact the vacation experience for some. As a result until the end of 2014 select bars will be permitted to be open until 02:30 on Friday and Saturday nights, in addition the exit levy shall be reduced to $50 USD
    Again, welcome to the New Cancun! The Family Friendliest Place on Earth!

9. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    hahaha...I was getting madder every line I read.

10. pegNbrett

pegNbrett Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    OMG!!!!! That was a good one!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice