Got permanent residency yet?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jul 22, 2013.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Way to go bt

2. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My PR arrives next Friday.

Started the process on the 9th of October.

Total time spent at the INM office? Better sit down for this one people... 54 minutes in total, since day 1. This is exactly why Im more than happy with my "cult leader" Mauricio, hehe ;)

3. Windknot

Windknot Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IMO, Marlo is absolutely correct. Cancun is much different from Veracruz, where renewing is a breeze in comparison. I go one time to hand in my paperwork. I am given a paper to take to the bank and pay. I take my receipt to a copy shop for 3 copies and then I go back (no waiting in line again....just hand it to the girl) and I am done until the day comes to pick up my visa. Then in 10 days-2 weeks I go back again, get fingerprinted and have my new visa, less than 30 minutes later.

I do have one question, though.....I see where you all give 3 months' bank statements, to show at least 15,000 mxp deposits per month, in order to apply for permanent residency? Could this just be another difference between Cancun and Veracruz? Because in the past for visa renewals, I always just showed a letter from my financial advisor's (letterhead) saying that I had "access" to (well over the minimum) every month and the cute little gal in Veracruz INM, seemed to say that this was still acceptable for permanent residency. Did I misunderstand her?

I HAVE a Mexican bank account, but I use it at the bare minimum, just to keep it open. Like many of you, I use an ATM and get money directly from the States.....although that may be changing, due to these new transaction fees.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice