Got permanent residency yet?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jul 22, 2013.

1. tristan1749

tristan1749 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We both turned in 3 months of bank statements with deposits of 15k mxn.

2. tristan1749

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Btw, my wife got her citizenship about a week before they approved her permanent residency. Took 10 months, even after some unwarranted complications.

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Correct me if I got it wrong.... Your wife presented three monthly bank statements showing deposits by transfers of money into the account of 15,000 pesos (or it's equivalent) from abroad, and they accepted it.

If that's the case, then it would fall in that discretionary range I mentioned, in which the law doesn't make it clear how much is required and INM decides whether it's sufficient.

(I hope I understood you correctly because it would then prove the other leg of my speculations- first, Mat's case, of employment; then, your wife's case, involving resources from abroad, with the four years making it easier to qualify on the solvency issue.)

[To the readers: 15,000 pesos is less than is required for those who are applying without having also been here for four years in temporary residency (a, above), in which case the sum required would be closer to 24,000 pesos per month (b, above).]

4. tristan1749

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You got it right. Another thing, they said owning your own home doesn't make any difference if you go with the 4 year temp res. I think they're basically just running us through if we have the 4 year res and worrying about the new people under the new regs.

5. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm applying for it right now, my renewal was in April and I've not been back since. Mine is done with my wife supporting me. I've checked the website (like they said to do) and it's not changed at all. Should I be worried? I can't handle going back to that place again for fear of being sent away to get more documents. What normally happens is I go in April, six months later they finally get it sorted, asking me to provide the same stuff they already have had several times before, then tell me to come back for renewal again in six months. This time i'm not rushing to back but I do want to get the permanent residence so I never have to go or pay ever again, that would be sweet. At least it's a lot less painful inside now days, whereas before I never knew where I was going 'receiving documents area ummmm whose receiving, me or them??' Got it wrong everytime!

6. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    I can understand your reluctance, Sam!

7. tristan1749

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've never head of it taking that long, or of going months without checking. I thought two or three months total for the process was a long time. Seems to me waiting six months just delays the process and doesn't make it any less painful. You can't rely solely on checking the internet.

8. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    We need to start our applications next month .Just heard a friend was refused. Married to a Mexican been here 12 years and employed............no idea why he was refused :(. Not looking forward to the inevitable stress.

9. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is only down to the last 3 years of it taking 6 months every time and going back every other week to find out it was being 'processed'. Two months has never occurred, fair play to you if it's been that quick but not for me. seems pointless going to queue up.

Tracey, that's terrible news and even worse by the fact that if I was refused, I'd have to go back to England and somehow find a 25k a year job before my family can come and live with me! I'm going next week now, you got me worried!

10. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tracey, the friend that was refused, do they get to continue on the yearly visa? I'm hoping me not being employed helps matters.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice