Gos vs ttr for budget minded and kinda shy newbies....

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by FirsttimerTX, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Cinnamonflixxx

Cinnamonflixxx Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 1
    Doubles as an ass cooler (ie ass sweat prevention) ;)

2. Flash2

Flash2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +569 / 1
    We have been to TTR a handful of times and went to GOS during the TTR shutdown. GOS during the shutdown was ok. Since there were other TTR exhiles there, we were able to get our own ‘party started.’ Nightlife was basically non existent. The one thing we did like at GOS was the live band near the pool in the evening/night. We did have the highest upgrade and an amazing room with a plungepool and sunning deck. I can’t imagine going back there without the Sian Ka’an upgrade. Biggest complaint had to be the lines for dinner reservations.

TTR gives you the best of both worlds; Party and Chill. We typically set up most days at the beach or quiet pool, but spend most of the time in the sexy pool mingling anyway. The nightlife is what you make of it - show up for some, none, or stay out all night! We are not huge partyers either but we enjoy the TTR vibe, the people we meet, and the choice of party or chill.

3. Cheers2US

Cheers2US Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +617 / 2
    I know you were asking about GOS, but have you considered Golden Parnassus? I've never been to GOS, but I've been to Temptation, Desire and Golden Parnassus. While GP isn't nearly as fun or frisky as Temptation/Desire, it is a very nice resort. It is adults-only. The beach is the best I've seen in Mexico. Service is very good and so is the food.

GP does have some "fun" activities, but they were more rated-PG than rated-R. Things like volleyball, bingo, karaoke...

So while it's not nearly as stimulating as Temptation or Desire, it is a lovely resort and much more affordable.

For reference, here is a review I posted about Golden Parnassus.

Good luck!

4. MikeandSherrie

MikeandSherrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +173 / 0
    TTR is the best time we have ever had on our travels! We are not center of the party people either but we always run into wonderful people and really, as a few people have said, YOU get to control how deep into the party you want to jump! It is worth spending a bit more for the food, party, people watching, service and it is all great. We have stayed in all types of their rooms and honestly it makes very little difference to us, they are all very clean and well kept and if $$$ is an issue get the garden view. You're at a resort in Mexico, you have better things to do than sit in your room looking out your window ;)

5. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    I didn't went to GOS but I've been to GOV and another family oasis resort.
    I will ever go there again even if it was free.
    Oasis food is just awful ( both resorts )
    Of what I heard, GOS is in need of major renovation, one of my friend went there, and the plumbing was actually leaking so he had to change room twice.
    Did you consider GP ( Golden Parnassus ) ? It's a small clean resort. You can get drink until around 2 am, and food 24 hours. Also room service is free of charge, and the staff are just wonderful.
    If TTR becomes too pricey, GP will probably be my next place.
    I compare Oasis chain resort with super 8 hotel.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice