Gorgeous Young Blonde Looking For Trabajo!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by HammieJ, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nurses are not paid very well here (very few people are paid very well here). I found this job listing on the site that someone posted previously, not the same kind of nurse, but it will give you some idea....

Pediatric Intensive Therapy Nurse
    Level three hospital in Cancun seeks nursing graduates who have finished their social service, with experience in pediatrics and intensive care with newborns. If needed will help with relocation. Excellent opportunities to grow, hiring immediately. Full time
    Salary: 8000 pesos per month plus bonus/$551.47 USD per month

(Hi Arracadas!)

(I am zipping my lips about the rest, though I have to say I don't think jealousy had anything to do with it.)

2. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    HammieJ:

An experienced, highly trained RN here may make as much as a Doctor--anywhere from $1,000-$1,500 usd per month. A regular RN about half of that. Foreigners have to go through a long complicated process to become licensed professionals in Mexico (Medical and legal professionals particularly.)

3. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would imagine that it would be just as complicated, if not more, to become licensed in Mexico as it is in the US as a foreign-trained professional. At least in the US, there are specific programs to help those trained abroad become licensed in the States...but not without a big fuss.

In Mexico...not so easy, especially if you are not 100% fluent in Spanish.

4. Cancun Couple

Cancun Couple Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah dont even think of working a regular job here. It just does not pay enough. If you can not earn from the states or online or have a retirement then this is NOT the place for you, other than LONG vacations.

If nothing else, right now is the best time for you to visit for a few weeks. Prices on hotels have dropped some because of low volume and the exchange rate on money is HUGELY in your favor.

Let us know where you are staying if you decide to visit and some of us nicer folk would love to meet and share some points of view.

5. WebDesigner

WebDesigner Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wouldn't recommend moving to Cancun if you dont have an income to rely on. May be you should start trying to make a living online from the US, just to see how well you do, and once things are looking sunny for you, move down here.

Please dont think that expats are bitchy here... for the most part, people are very nice (both locals and foreigners), even though the way some people reacted to your post wasn't the friendliest :p I think jealousy did have something to do with it.

6. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    no... yo vivo con mi familia. No pagar renta ahora.

7. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

hehe its okay.... I've never had anyone be jealous of me before.... I guess its because of my new look or new life. Maybe thats why I get offended when people say things. I'm usually known as americas sweetheart. Guess it's something I have to get used to.

8. aaamigo2203

aaamigo2203 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "...Entre los individuos como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno, es la paz"

Does that sound familiar to anyone??

Not that I always take everything too serious, but let's hope that people who genuinely ask for advice on this forum keep on getting unbiased, objective opinions and less crapola than what's already been dumped on this thread.

If you can, help. If you cannot, just wish good luck.

9. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Thanks Ruben

10. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    OK.. that's it.. I've been coming down for over 11 years now and after reading this thread I have definitely missed out on one aspect of Cancun!

I'm going to invite you all downtown next time I come. I really have to meet you folks. I've been reading all of your posts for years and this thread shows that you represent the total spectrum. I mean you all cover the all different perspectives, experiences, expectations, ways of earning a living; I think it would be one fantastic night of conversations. I think you all could survive at least one night in a bar without any major fights breaking out.

Won't be till next May, but who's up for a get together? Do I need to plan for a table somewhere or go for renting out a whole bar?

Jamie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice