Good Tanning Lotion

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by amb1s1, May 8, 2007.

1. amb1s1

amb1s1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What brand is good and what SPF. I would like to get nice orange tan. Thanks

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not sure the brand really matters but make sure you get one with a high SPF...at least a 15....higher if you are fair skinned.

The sun will fry you even if you are use to tanning other places or have a bit of a base before you go.

I never use anything under a 15 and always get a good tan.

3. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You want an orange tan? :?

Like Karan said....even if you have a good base, you WILL fry. It's amazing how much stronger the sun is. It's also so breezy all the time, you don't even notice how much you're getting til it's too late.

Be careful....a bad burn is a good way to put a damper on your vacation

4. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    for me the best is Austalian Gold, I use 4 SPF but I tan 4 or 5 days a week. Begin with a 15 or 20.

5. Wiggly

Wiggly Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    me too australian gold, use 15 spf then down to 8

6. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    I usually use a 30 and 15 SPF and manage a tan for months before coming. I burn every single day while I'm there even after 2 weeks. Oh and I bring 45 SPF for those lovely red areas too, you'll have some. Bring a T shirt for relief from 2-5:00 pm. It's the only thing that saves me I'm sure. Other than that have fun. The moisturizer that comes with your room is pretty good, use it too.

7. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We use some stuff called Maui Babe. Really good stuff but the lotion itself doesn't contain any SPF protection that I know of. So you'll have to apply some sunscreen also.

I believe that it contains coffee as well because the lotion smells of such.

I don't believe that it is sold in many stores though. Dawn first purchased it down on Sanibel I believe, but orders it off of the internet now from the website. The last time she ordered (a couple of months ago) she received it within a few days which I found amazing considering it comes from Hawaii.

www.mauibabe.com

8. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can get Maui babe from their site, or plenty of others on line. The stuff is good, except it also leaves the brown color all over your suit. We've tried all those mentioned, but like most everyone else, we burn. I burn much more than my wife, but thats just the way it goes in Cancun. I use 30 spf on the face and a minimum of 15 everywhere else.

Orange tan???? Get a tan in a bottle for that color.

9. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    All depends on your skin type. If you burn easily, use a SPF of no less than 30-45, and make sure it is waterproof/sweatproof, and use often.

But if you have a dark skin tone or get a base tan before your vacation, use Hawaiian Tropic's carrot extract tanning product. Can't buy in Canada/USA, only has a SPF of 4, but can find many places in Cancun. More expensive but produces a deep, dark, rich tan. It is orange -- but your tan will not be orange!

And take lots of aloe vera gel to use after sun. Will prevent dry skin and flaking, whether you have a burn or not.

10. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Working as a tourist guide on a boat, I use 15, 30 depending on the zones and 60+ on my face since I got a cancerous spot, operated, of course. I get tan anyway.

But my clients ALWAYS come back more or less burnt, although I warn them. Anyway, Aloe Vera is not enough if you are really red, but every pharmacy in town has very good and efficient oinments, that I occasionally use too!!!

When I was 20 or so, I used olive oil, but in Cancun I wouldn't recommend it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice