Good Quality Potatoes and Frozen Lamb

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by SamCancun, Dec 15, 2009.

1. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    'Assumption is the mother of all f$2k ups', as they say!! Sounds nice all the same but i know some people serve both with a 'roast' dinner and i was presuming it was the same stateside, apologies for that.

Butternut squash, now that is lovely with a roast dinner, if cooked right, sweet potatoes, for me, are like a poor substitute for squash.

Gonzo, we call them mashed potatoes too, lovely made with great potatoes, with lots of salt, cream and butter, horrible out a packet, such as 'smash'. Never been able to get them right here either, it's got to be the potatoes or maybe i'm just rubbish?

2. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    'Assumption is the mother of all f$2k ups', as they say!! Sounds nice all the same but i know some people serve both with a 'roast' dinner and i was presuming it was the same stateside, apologies for that.

Butternut squash, now that is lovely with a roast dinner, if cooked right, sweet potatoes, for me, are like a poor substitute for squash.

Gonzo, we call them mashed potatoes too, lovely made with great potatoes, with lots of salt, cream and butter, horrible out a packet, such as 'smash'. Never been able to get them right here either, it's got to be the potatoes or maybe i'm just rubbish?

3. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

4. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

5. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

6. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No I have bought some bags of potatoes, here in the states, that just dont boil right. They seem to fall apart before they are cooked through. So it aint you Sam. And the powdered potatoes are hideous, not fit for a beast.

7. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No I have bought some bags of potatoes, here in the states, that just dont boil right. They seem to fall apart before they are cooked through. So it aint you Sam. And the powdered potatoes are hideous, not fit for a beast.

8. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

9. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

10. GONZO

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice