Good Quality Potatoes and Frozen Lamb

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by SamCancun, Dec 15, 2009.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A deep fryer uses oil, not fat. You can select whichever oil appeals to you, corn oil, safflower, plain old vegetable oil, etc. The oil is re-usable to a certain extent.

If you've done your cod and chips, the oil will be infiltrated by the fish's natural oils, so you'd want to bin it. But if you're just doing chips, you could probably go 3 or 4 times with the same oil. After you've used the chippy, you let the oil cool and then you can pour it through a paper filter into a storage container.

Personally, our's scares the hell out of me, probably due to a show I worked on where some Mafioso gets his arm shoved into a commercial chippy. My wife isn't bothered by it.

And for TJ: Two people separated by a common language-
    Baked Potato = Jacket Potato.
    Potatoes in the oven, skinned and quartered cooked crisp = Roast Potatoes, many times drenched in gravy.
    French Fries = Chips (hence the term Chippy for a deep fryer).
    Potato Chips = Crisps, in England covered with some amazingly horrible flavors, usually from a company called Walkers. If you can even get near an open bag of Walkers Salt and Malt Vinegar Chips, you are an Englishman.

2. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A deep fryer uses oil, not fat. You can select whichever oil appeals to you, corn oil, safflower, plain old vegetable oil, etc. The oil is re-usable to a certain extent.

If you've done your cod and chips, the oil will be infiltrated by the fish's natural oils, so you'd want to bin it. But if you're just doing chips, you could probably go 3 or 4 times with the same oil. After you've used the chippy, you let the oil cool and then you can pour it through a paper filter into a storage container.

Personally, our's scares the hell out of me, probably due to a show I worked on where some Mafioso gets his arm shoved into a commercial chippy. My wife isn't bothered by it.

Potatoes in the oven, skinned and quartered cooked crisp = Roast Potatoes, many times drenched in gravy.
    Potato Chips = Crisps, in England covered with some amazingly horrible flavors, usually from a company called Walkers. If you can even get near an open bag of Walkers Salt and Malt Vinegar Chips, you are an Englishman.

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

4. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

5. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

6. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advice :) I actually meant oil when i say fat, I wasn't planning on putting in a few cubes of lard or anything like that :lol:

7. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advice :) I actually meant oil when i say fat, I wasn't planning on putting in a few cubes of lard or anything like that :lol:

8. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

9. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

10. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice