Good Quality Potatoes and Frozen Lamb

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by SamCancun, Dec 15, 2009.

1. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm afraid that doesn't work well enough either mate! As by the time the meat comes out, the potatoes are still 'limp' and they need another hour and the meat gets cold. It's timing i suppose and the crap 'Mabe' oven doesn't help. Getting one with a seperate grill next time, i think i saw one in Sears.

Deep fat fryer question - i take it that you need loads of fat for a deep fat fryer, so what do you do about fat, because i don't think i've seen it dirt cheap like in England, would you take it out when cold, put it through a siv and re-use it or just buy new?

2. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm afraid that doesn't work well enough either mate! As by the time the meat comes out, the potatoes are still 'limp' and they need another hour and the meat gets cold. It's timing i suppose and the crap 'Mabe' oven doesn't help. Getting one with a seperate grill next time, i think i saw one in Sears.

Deep fat fryer question - i take it that you need loads of fat for a deep fat fryer, so what do you do about fat, because i don't think i've seen it dirt cheap like in England, would you take it out when cold, put it through a siv and re-use it or just buy new?

3. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

4. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

5. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

6. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What i meant was, using say two bottles of fat each time you need to make some chips, would get a tad expensive or would it be less fat than that? I'm talking about a fair sized family one, not one of those 'for one' jobbies. (that's not a Scottish jobby btw! :?)

7. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What i meant was, using say two bottles of fat each time you need to make some chips, would get a tad expensive or would it be less fat than that? I'm talking about a fair sized family one, not one of those 'for one' jobbies. (that's not a Scottish jobby btw! :?)

8. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

9. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

10. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice