Good Quality Potatoes and Frozen Lamb

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by SamCancun, Dec 15, 2009.

1. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Oh No TJ roasties are a totally different animal to jacket potatoes - much more fattening. Roasted in the oven with oil.
    I might just go and make some.
    Tracey
    x

2. TraceyUk

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Oh No TJ roasties are a totally different animal to jacket potatoes - much more fattening. Roasted in the oven with oil.
    Tracey
    x

3. TraceyUk

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Tracey
    x

4. TraceyUk

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Tracey
    x

5. TraceyUk

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Tracey
    x

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
    We changed our oven recently and it made a huge difference, we have some cooking at this moment. Our last oven was a joke, 5/6 burners did not work and the one that did was so weak if the ceiling fan was on it would blow it out. Jacket spuds took 3 hours to cook, and the oven heated the whole house.

Our method is similar to Tracey's:
    - part boil, drain the water then shake in the pan to rough up the edges (important for crispy bits)
    - preheat oil in a tray - I dont know what temperature but as hot as you can - we sometimes add garlic too
    - tip potatoes into tray, baste with oil, shake 'em around every so often and baste again.

Never heard of the deep fry method, but if you can get your oil hot enough it should serve the same purpose.

7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
    We changed our oven recently and it made a huge difference, we have some cooking at this moment. Our last oven was a joke, 5/6 burners did not work and the one that did was so weak if the ceiling fan was on it would blow it out. Jacket spuds took 3 hours to cook, and the oven heated the whole house.

- part boil, drain the water then shake in the pan to rough up the edges (important for crispy bits)
    - preheat oil in a tray - I dont know what temperature but as hot as you can - we sometimes add garlic too
    - tip potatoes into tray, baste with oil, shake 'em around every so often and baste again.

Never heard of the deep fry method, but if you can get your oil hot enough it should serve the same purpose.

8. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14

9. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14

10. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice