Good neighborhood

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Jojo306, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Jojo306

Jojo306 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys, my husband and I are currently living in puerto Morelos and are going to have to move up to cancun next month as my husband was transferred there from work and the commute is no bueno!
    Can any of you give me some advise on decent neighborhoods? We want to be somewhat close to the hotel zone, not necessarily in the hotel zone though. Decent walking or a park nearby, house or apt. Safe. close to a grocery store would be good too. Price range from 4000-8000 pesos.

Thanks everyone

2. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    There are lots of places, I'm not sure what you mean by decent though? A lot of places a block or two from centro will meet that. I just saw a nice house for only 4000 pesos per month plus utilities today. There are quite a few small parks around centro. Neighbour hoods are nice imo, but this one needs garbage collected.. with truckload of garbage, one day clean up the area would be very nice, also has a park, real close to lots of stuff. great area imo.. seriously considering it myself. If you'd like to do it for a few months or split the lease let me know, as I'd like it for december. This would give you a few months to find an ideal place.. although the place is suited for 4 people.

3. Jojo306

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hear a lot about SM20, what's your take?

4. canukcun

canukcun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    that area of centro has lots of stuff but as far as living there like right on tulum av you'd probably want good sound proofing as it is a busy street. I like that whole area, the place I mentioned is only about two blocks from there but its on a sidestreet. There is a lot of activity in that area.

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    We used to live not far from there at SM18.

It's close to lots of amenities, reasonably easy HZ access. You're not out in the boonies which is always good.

There is plenty of apartment type accommodation 1 /2 beds etc but most will be on busy roads so agree with Canukcun that noise might be an issue.

Make sure you look at lots of places, there will be plenty and even in the same price range the quality will vary widely.

6. Jojo306

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks guys. I come from a small town, so I'm not looking forward to ths move, so quiet would be preferred, also we need something furnished.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice