Good Luck, Jamie

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by dmac, May 5, 2009.

1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Well I'm out and home and my leg hurts. There's good news and bad news and good news... So here we go...

The procedure was actually a breeze... once they hit me with the happy juice, numbed the leg and got the sleeve in all I did was lay there and let them have their fun. I think I'm sporting a new "Landing Strip" trim but don't actually know. I haven't inspected it yet.

So the good news... the left side had some obstructions that were easily cleaned out without having to put in stints or balloons. Everything over there is now flowing fine. The left side is the side that if it stops then you fall on your face. So I won't be falling on my face soon.

The bad news.... the right side is a mess. The main artery is clogged big time by some real good calcified deposits. They've been there for a while. They tried to dig them out but then ran into a Sheppard’s hook bend and figured even it they could get the wire around the corner; they couldn't get the stint in there. So I'm going to have to have bypass surgery on that side.

More good news... is that since it's been like that for a while the surgeon doesn't think that we need to have emergency surgery on it. He told me to go enjoy Cancun and he'll see me when I get back. Now he did say that if I'm doing something and my chest starts hurting - STOP! But otherwise I should be fine till I get back.

So all your well wishes helped and I still get to come :lotsofmichaelf:

We're arriving on USAir instead of United. Had to call United last night and ask them point blank... your website says my flight isn't going to fly. The newspapers say my flight isn't going to fly. But you still have it in my Itineraries like it's going to fly. I don't want to show up at the airport only to find it's not flying. After checking she admitted it wasn't going to fly and cancelled the reservation.

So I will see you guys on the 10th...... :D

Jamie

2. pjsplay

pjsplay Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thats great to hear Jamie......I will see you on the 16th...

pssstt...maybe no dancing on the hull of the booze cruise???

3. missnbluebay

missnbluebay Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
  4. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am glad that all is ok enough that you can go on your trip! Will keep you in my prayers that all will go good for the surgery when you get back home. Take care of yourself old man! :p

5. ffto

ffto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is good news, at least it can be fixed. I knew you would hate the leg pain.

So glad to hear that you did not have to have emergency bypass. That with missing the May group would have been depressing. See you in Cancun. :D

Wishing you the best,

Don

6. dboyte

dboyte Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    That is good news. Trina just talked to Jamie and he sounded fine and ready to relax in the sun.

7. Karen,Pam and Greg!

Karen,Pam and Greg! Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm so happy to hear that everything is going to be OK !!
    Hope the leg feels better soon.
    Looking forward to seeing you and Chris on the 17th!! :D
    Pammy

8. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Glad to hear it can wait until you return. Terry

9. marilyn&steve

marilyn&steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Jamie, Have a great time at TTR (how could you not?) and best of luck when you get back home with the bypass. We've been to TTR 6 times and never had the pleasure of meeting you guys, sorry to say. But we of course enjoy your posts. Let us know if we can help in any way when you have the bypass; we're just out in Conifer. Where you at?

10. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad to hear your okay. Get the party started and we will take over on the 24th

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice