Good areas to live in Cancun?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mariayucatan, May 27, 2014.

1. mariayucatan

mariayucatan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I was wondering where are the better areas of Cancun to live?
    Does anybody know SM 45 near to Avenida Luna?
    Is that a good area?

Do most people live in the hotel zone on here or which areas?

Thanks in advance

2. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    We were wondering the same thing. And how is the cost of living in Cancun?

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Living in Cancun is not much different to anywhere else really, it's all about what you can afford. The more you can pay, the better the area. SM45 isn't bad, lots of expats around those parts, and fairly central. But probably fair to say those that live there are not making great money - just those 'living the dream' on a fairly basic level.

Cost of living: For a couple in good health, with no kids and reasonable expectations it can be pretty cheap - as cheap as you want really, you just have to decide your comfort level with regards to accommodation and what you consider necessities rather than 'nice to haves'. Food and utilities bills (for us) are certainly higher than the UK, probably higher than the US (dont know never lived there).

Add in kids (private education, is a must), a need for healthcare, a Desire for better than average security and it can bump up your monthly cost to probably way more than you may live on in your home country. Just depends on what you come here with, what you need and what you want you want to get out of it.

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/living-cancun-riviera-maya/13536-why-do-you-live-cancun.html

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/living-cancun-riviera-maya/16621-can-i-live-my-social-security.html

These are a couple of threads in which a number of people have made comments related to the questions asked here.

Read through them: you may find some comments that will resonate.

As for SM45 it was the first place in Cancun I lived. It's convenient to shopping and entertainment venues, and relatively safe.

5. mariayucatan

mariayucatan Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What other areas are good to live in Cancun?
    I have seen a couple of houses in the SM45 area that are reasonably priced in privadas.
    Are there certain areas that flood more than others?

I have lived in Mexico for seven years now and I think there are several things here that are more expensive than the Uk too especially since the petrol has gone up.

6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    All depends on your budget. The best areas are also the most expensive. If you mention what kind of price range you're looking to spend then maybe we can come up with some suggestions for that price bracket.

7. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Steve, what is involved for foreigners to start a business in Mexico?

8. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Not really sure. Having a Mexican wife means I've never had to go that route. My business interests are either based out of the UK or in my wife's name.

There is some discussion in the thread below, but it kind of got a bit heated and one poster decided to delete their contributions, so it's also disjointed.

http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/living-cancun-riviera-maya/30061-starting-business-pdc-pm.html

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice