Good AI in Cancun with new rooms & Jacuzzi? so confused!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by firebladejr, Feb 5, 2007.

1. firebladejr

firebladejr Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hope this isn’t being too wishful or demanding, but we are planning on Cancun for our Honeymoon in 2007 and I’m looking for an AI resort/hotel with the following:

AI
    Excellent Buffet breakfast. Lunch and Dinner would be good but not as important, more or less used as a back-up in the case we spend all of our cash to early..
    Decent range of drinks, and no problems with service at pool bars, etc.

Rooms
    Modern rooms with modern/new amenities are preferred. Some that I’ve seen have had Jacuzzi’s in the room or on the balcony, if this is available it would be a definite plus!

Resort Facilities
    Excellent pool, preferably large so that we can find some peace and quiet in our own little nook, plenty of sun beds. A gym would be a bonus.

Relatively close to the shops (10mins on the bus is fine). Preferably across from a nice stretch of beach (surf or no surf).

Budget
    US$310 per room per night would be preferred.

Any ideas? We’ve looked at the ME Cancun, but it is now not an AI. I was very keen on booking The Royal Cancun (realresorts) but the price has gone up about US$100 per night in the last few weeks :L

Anything with the above would be great.. ie. Newish rooms, Jacuzzi, good breakfast, option of drinks at the pool, and close to shops with a nice beach..

Any help or advice would be great. I know this is normally something for the TravelAgents, but most of them here in Australia are clueless when it comes to Mexico. We have to book flights within the next week or two (at the latest) so booking a hotel at the same time would be our preferred option.

2. vrodgers

vrodgers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Moon Palace is supposed to be quite nice for romantic getaways. It is not right in Cancun, about 20-30 minutes away by cab, but I believe they have shuttle services to take you in to Cancun.

Also, check out the Secrets resorts. Very romantic places! Private jacuzzi tubs and balconies, hammocks on balconies, sun beds, etc. Their website is http://www.secretsresorts.com/. Again, not in Cancun, but perfect for a honeymoon!

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know about pricing, but Le Blanc is considered top notch for romance and I believe has what you are looking for. Riu Palace Las Americas has jacuzzi suites available. Some of the suites at the Gran Caribe Real have jacuzzis. I am dying for some feedback on the Bel Air, looks really chic and offers jacuzzi suites as well. They haven't been open very long so I have not read any trip reports, but it is really intriguing to me. http://www.thebelair.com.mx/

4. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Every single Moon Palace room has a jacuzzi. The beach is long and isolated from the hotel zone to the north, so there are less issues about beach vendors interrupting you trying to sell something. We spent our honeymoon there and had a wonderful time. Palace resorts even have little extras for honeymooners:
    http://www.palaceresorts.com/Weddings/Honeymoon.asp

Distance from the hotel zone with its clubs and restaurants could be an issue. And if you're looking for the turquoise-blue waters that is a signature for Cancun, you don't find them at the Moon Palace due to the sea grass close to shore.

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Bel Air Collection is a new "Boutique" style hotel in Cancun's Hotel Zone with whirlpool tubs in the rooms. You should also investigate the Golden Parnasus because off the top of my head, I believe their higher end suites have them as well.

212eric V.P.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice