Golfer loses two fingers...

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by V, Sep 12, 2013.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Did you see this!

LI golfer sues after losing fingers to crocodile at Cancun golf course | New York Post

It's not funny, it reveals that there is a risk when you holiday near mangroves and lagoons and don't respect what lurks in and around them.

In the hotel zones there are a number of signs, warning of the presence of crocodiles: people really need to pay attention to these, as our crocodiles are the real thing, and they're wild.

We all know about sharks, but this guy may not have known about the crocodiles. The victim apparently got near a nest protected by the mother....

2. dikfore

dikfore I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +448 / 0
    As soon as I saw the thread title, my instant thought was "Somebody lost a fight to a gator" lol

3. CancunMole

CancunMole Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I posted this on TA back on 9/4.

There's always two sides to every story!

Translation via 'google'

Renan Mogel / SIPSE

CANCUN, Q. Roo. - In Brooklyn, United States, tourists Edward Lunger filed a lawsuit for $ 2.25 million against the hotel Iberostar Cancun from being bitten by a crocodile last July when playing golf.

Felix Diaz Villalobos, municipal director of Civil Protection reported that the visitor had not suffered any accident if it had respected the warning signs and jumped a fence that delimits the field with the Bojorquez Lagoon to get the ball that fell in the area where saurian lives.

The municipal official recalled that the event occurred two months ago, when tourists spent two signs: one hotel and one that was near the Laguna Bojorquez in the direction of the Federal Maritime Zone (Zofemat), then jump a small fence that prevents people from crossing at this place.

"Passing this, the visitor arrived at a rest area so unfortunately crocodiles and the lizard bit him, but it was not an attack, but got to the area where you live," he said.

Diaz Villalobos said that if the tourist saw an ad that mentions "caution zone crocodiles" and passes, then watching another with the same legend and does not care, jump the fence, most likely an accident may occur.

Diaz Villalobos said that hotels in the area beaches have signs on their golf courses are on the edge of the lagoon, regardless of the comments that have Zofemat.

Roberto Cintron Diaz del Castillo , president of the Cancun Hotel Association (CHA), said that they heard the crash, but not the magnitude, "perhaps a tourist who wants to take advantage of any situation," he said.

"The crocodile does not mess with anyone unless you go find his resting place, the golf hotels have signs to watch out for crocodiles and are advised to guests and players who do not get to Mount and do not try to grab them if you see any of these animals, "he explained.

The hotel leader said they have no knowledge that other golfers have been attacked by a crocodile, although many people play in that field.

"Before going to play golf instructors themselves to their customers warning them to stay away the crocodiles and feed them," he said.

Demanda turista norteamericano a hotel de CancĂșn por ataque de cocodrilo

Great reader comments too!

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Our crocodiles are dangerous, and it's easy for people not to fully appreciate it. They are also very fast, when they are ready to attack.

I was amused at this comment, from the President of the Hotel Association, provided to us by CancunMole,

If so, he joins the crocodile who got the two fingers in this trait! (The fingers must simply have been handy, they're certainly not very meaty; or, the visitor promptly withdrew the offer of a larger meal!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice