Golf carts on Isla Mujeres

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Dino817, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Dino817

Dino817 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are they easy to rent and about how much?? Also, where should I go for the best snorkeling? And then best place for dinner and drinks?

Thanks

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey B.C., welcome!

Golf carts are easily rented on IM, once you get off the ferry there will be tonnes of guys trying to get you to rent. I like Prisma rentals, you turn to the left off the ferry docks, walk down a couple of short blocks and you'll see it on the right hand side. 450 pesos for the day, return at 5pm. You'll need to leave a driver's license or another official ID as a deposit.

The golf cart guys will give you a map most likely. Head to Castillo de Garrafon (next to the big Garrafon park). It's a small beach club where you can snorkel for about $4USD. The BEST snorkelling would be found on a boat trip, also available as you get off the ferry. I've seen tours as low as 200 pesos.

Playa Lancheros is famous for their Tikinxic fish, a must-eat while on Isla. Jax is popular with the tourists, but I find it a little too "Americanized" for my tastes. It does have a great location for watching the sun go down! We usually eat at one of the "hole in the wall" places that abound on Isla, or at Buho's on Playa Norte.

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You won't have any problem finding a place to rent a golf cart. Once you get off the ferry you''ll see plenty of guys tryingto direct you to their place to rent one.

While you're on Isla it's a good place to eat is at Playa Lancheros and have their Tikinxic fish. It is outstanding.

Lots of people also like Jax and although it is a great place to watch the sunset there are other places that have more of an Isla feel to them. I just think Jax is a bit too Americanzied but that's just my opinion.

Try one of the many smaller places all over Isal that have a much more authentic feel to them.

4. Dino817

Dino817 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome

Thank you very much for the help!

4 MORE SLEEPS!!!!!!!!!

5. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cart

We always rent from Ciro's. recommended by Laura "Map Chick" and several others. 350 for the day. Last we ours conked out halfway around the isla. quick phone call and they brought us another one within the time of 1 beer :D

I also would highly recommend Laura's map of Isla as well as the Cancun set.

And here we are posing in front of Jax.

Americanized? More like Texanized but we do like it and the owners are great :lol:

Jimmy

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Cart

America, Texas, same greasy food. :wink: :wink:

7. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Fancy

Oh. And Kelly, your posts keep gettin fancier and fancier. Guess it doesn't hurt when hubby is a web guy :clap: :daveandmo: :wavey:

Jimmy

8. justjimmy

justjimmy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    grease is the word

Yeah Kelly. But we've had some damn good greasy tacos from the street and the hole-in-the-wall places too. :prod:

Jimmy

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Love hole in the wall places on Isla!!

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Fancy

Yeah, he told me to use the online tutorials! I basically taught myself, he's a lousy maestro. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice