Golden Parnassus Restaurants

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Jasohn210, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Jasohn210

Jasohn210 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum and we just recently booked our honeymoon to the GP in March! So excited hopefully some of you guys will be there when we are there.

I have a question about the restaurants at the Golden Parnassus. Is it good? What would you recommend at each restaurant?

Also have you guys eaten at the great parnassus? Is it worth it to travel there to get some food/entertainment?

Thank you guys!

2. Matt and Amber

Matt and Amber Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 1
    the Old Barn is our fav, they have steaks and potatoes, its located just out the front door of the resort next to the tennis court. It almost seems like your leaving the the resort the first time you go there. In 3 trips we have yet to eat at the Pier but we will fix that here in a couple weeks. Shangri-La is a nice fancier place that does have a dress code. the food is good but portions are smaller Its more private romantic feel to your meal. the buffet is your only option for Breakfast but its ll you will need. they everything from made to order omelets to pancakes to traditional Mexican breakfasts along with fruit and cereals. The Buffet is also open for Lunch and is an excellent choice make sure you do lunch there your first day!! Then they have the Breeze stop by anytime 24/7 in a wet swimsuit or a suit and tie for burgers, fries, nacho's, wings.... I end up eating way too much here but it sure hits the spot for quick lunch or a late night. I believe the buffet frowns on "wet" swimsuits so some times its easier to eat at the Breeze but trust me its worth the effort to dry off and hit the buffet a least a few times for lunch.

Just realized they also have the Sumo located in the lobby we ate there once our first trip honestly don't remember much about it I don't recall it being bad. We are just such steak and potato people we find our selves at the old barn most nights.

We have never eaten at the Great but we did go visit the Adults only roof top pool one day. It was kinda cool to check out. The place is huge compared to the Golden.

Also don't forget they do shows in the theatre under the tennis court most nights that can be fun if you haven't seen them before.

3. vodkatonic

vodkatonic Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +197 / 0
    Matt and Amber just about sums it up,,, we liked pretty much all the food we ate at golden P,we also checked out the great P, large resort but way toooo many kids,,cool roof top pool/bar,

4. 68Stang

68Stang Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The French restaurant at the Great Parnassus was really really good. We liked Shangri la, Old Barn, the Breeze was great for lunch and snacks, wish they had some kind of quesedilla..that would have been great to take back to the room for a late night snack. We ate at the Japanese place and had good teriaki..did not try sushi or anything like that..We also did the seafood restaurant. it was ok..the boss is not crazy about seafood..but they had something she liked. overall they were all good. oh and we also had an in room dinner and ordered room service a couple of times for a late night snack

5. TMajic

TMajic Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The Pier had a good selection of fish etc. We enjoyed the food there, but as others have mentioned the Old Barn was our favorite. If you are there on Saturday night, and if they still do the BBQ by the pool, then I think you will enjoy the food and the atmosphere.

You can go to goldenparnassus.com and all the restaurants are listed

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice