golden parnassus... ocean view club vs golden club view

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by CANCUNNEWB, Apr 17, 2011.

1. CANCUNNEWB

CANCUNNEWB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....expedia not offering a golden room....why is that i wonder?

2. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no worries....once you get there.....look for Arminda and ask her if theres any golden room available and if there is, you would like to Upgrade! (tell her you know Mike from chicago) she'll know!

3. elmo

elmo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK. Now I`ll give you the real skinnies on the differences in the Club rooms and Golden club rooms. I am heading down in June for my 31st time in 6 years, so I know a little bit about the hotel!!!

Club rooms are only on the 6th floor.........both ocean view and lagoon view. They have a jaccuzzi, stocked mini bar, champagne and fruit on arrival, availability to take the Cancun Queen lagoon lunch cruise (Mondays only) and also the availibility to have a gourmet dinner served in your room from the Shangri La restaurant. The cruise and the dinner need to be reserved 24 hours in advance with the concierge.
    The Golden club rooms are all ocean view, on floors 1-5, North end of the resort, 5 on each floor. Have all the same amenities of the Club rooms but are larger, with a much larger balcony.
    Any other ???s on the GP, just fire away!!

Hi Annie

4. CANCUNNEWB

CANCUNNEWB Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thank you annie. any tips or suggestions while there? What about entertainment at the resort? Food good? Topless or no topless? Tip a few $$ a day? best nightclub to go to and why please? Excursions not to miss? to booze cruise or not to booze cruize?

5. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Tip everyone and often! even if its only a couple bucks. They don't make much and trust me, when you start tipping, the excellent service gets even better! (as if that we possible to begin with!)

I think the food is amazing!! My fav is Shangri La, Then sumo, pier 12, and lastly old barn.

I eat at paradise buffet every day for breakfast and lunch! the food there is great and the options seem endless.

I always go topless..... sometimes there are none lying topless until one top comes off... then usually at least 3-6 more come off.... and so on and so forth.

I advice AGAINST the jungle tour. I paid 65 bucks to go on a two seater boat through a bunch of weeds and small hanging trees. I didn't snorkel(wouldn't even WANT to as it's in the lagoon) and got a bottle of water. Whoop dee doo! Worst waste of money!

The booze cruise: which do you refer to? The drinking tour that goes to a few clubs.... or a catamaran filled up to 55 people that sets out to isla mujeres, cruising and boozing?

The first..... well..... i dont really recommend it. I recommend going with the hotel to ONE club. You always get VIP and usually a nice convenient area great to party in. I had a BLAST at Mandala with the hotel, even though Mandala is small and not a major major club, we still had a great time. I wouldn't pass up the show at CoCoBongo. Definitely do that WITH the hotel to get a better area. I would also recommend doing The City at least once.

I've been to basic out near the water(farther away from everything else)..... it was a crazy wild time for sure, but not my favorite.

I'm cheap.... and I like cheap thrills. I stick to Terrasta, Slices, or the other open air bars that have free entry. Keep in mind the wrist bands usually start $18+ USD. Usually around $30-$35.

As for as Cancuncare's BOOZE/Boobs Cruise: If you are truly comfortable in an "Adult" environment (I.e. Topless ladies, plenty of alcohol flowing, dancing, relaxing, sun, and body shots) then the cruise would be perfect for you. Steve, the site owner, advertises these cruises usually a month in advance. You can find them under the Temptations forum with their date. Spring break time there is usually one a week but they slow down during the off season. They include snorkeling, all you can drink on board, lunch at a yacht club, some shopping time at isla mujeres, and pretty much all day on the gorgeous waters! :D

Other companies offer a similar excursion.... but i can assure you they are no where near as fun as Cancuncares! :D

any other questions let me know. :D

6. WI_funsun_couple

WI_funsun_couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Deluxe ocean view was perfect for us and very nice with a great view. Room 428 but now the mattress is shot:icon_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice