Golden Parnassus general questions

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by tammyray, Aug 8, 2014.

1. tammyray

tammyray Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is all inclusive at GP really AI for food & alcohol?

Can someone clarify dress codes. Their website says "formal attire" for Shangri-la but doesn't specify for the other restaurants. This implies only Shangri-la has a dress code, is this accurate? How formal is formal for shangri-la, men in ties and coats?

Are guests permitted to be on the beach at night? We won't swim but often enjoy relaxing by the beach at sunset with a drink or two :)

Are there any must do's at the sister resort, Great Parnassus (restaurants, shows, etc)?

We are a late 30's couple, first adult vacation since having children, that is looking for a beautiful beach, a couple of nights to drink and have fun with others, but also kick back and relax if we choose.

2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,634 / 4
    It is food and alcohol. I believe room service is included, but we didn't use.

We never went to Shangri-la, but it is more formal. You can be out on the beach at night. There is a tiki bar right there where people hang out, play music on iPod etc.... There is also a hot tub which is open late on the beach. Quite large you could get many couples in there.

The beach is fabulous, however the water can be rough at times.

They usually have things going on at night, karaoke, adult type games and such.

It was our first trip too, and had a great time. I have a trip report with pictures on this forum.

I would say the only must do is go on Steve's Boobs Cruise, it leaves from Temptation resort.

3. Popatop

Popatop Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The GP is All-inclusive as advertised. The Spa is the only thing I can think of that is extra. That being said, the staff relies on your tips, and you will find they are very deserving of anything you care to tip.
    Dress for the Shangra-la is slacks, collared shirt and closed toe shoes for men, for women - no flip-flops, no shorts. Some of the ladys may be more informed on any other restrictions.
    We have never had reason to visit the Great, but it may be worth the shuttle ride to explore their dining options.
    After your sunset on the beach, belly up at the Tiki bar and let Jose entertain you till 2am.
    If you can get past the check-in without snags, the rest of your trip will be great. Enjoy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice