Golden Parnassus (Adults only) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cancunbound2005

cancunbound2005 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trip report GCPS 4/8-4/15

I promised everyone that I would do a trip report when I got back so here it is. I visited 4/8/06-4/15/06 and all I can say about this place is wow and this place ROCKS. It surpassed all my expectations and then some. From the time you check in until the time you check out the staff goes out of it’s way to make sure that you have a great time.

Rooms:

I had one of the ocean view rooms with a jacuzzi that faced the Caribbean and the view was unbelievable. The cool thing was that you could sit in your jacuzzi and still see outside your window watching the water go by. I did see the deluxe rooms as well and they seemed very nice, so I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

Food:

I tried out all the restaurants and the food here is very good. Remember you do need to bring some nicer clothes if you want to eat at Shangri-la. Pier 12, the Barn and the buffet were all good, along with the breeze (snack bar by the pool. They have 24 hour room service and I ordered a couple of times and got my food within 20 minutes.

Drinks:

The bartenders (Alfonzo and Jose) and server (Lily) did a great job making sure that everyone had a full glass and were taking care of. Only a couple times did I have to ask for a refill, but that was because there were so many at the Tiki bar at the time.

Beach:

The beach was in really good condition and very much usable. There is a slight shelf from the upper part to the lower part, but it really wasn’t that bad.

Entertainment:

The whole entertainment staff was great including Carlos and Helen. They made sure that if you wanted to join in the games that you had a great time. The beach party that they threw Wednesday night was really fun and I had a great time. The night time club tours that they offered were a blast and well worth the $45. Myself along with some friends that I met down there did the Coco Bongo one and had a blast.

Overall impression:

I can honestly say without a doubt that this was my best vacation I have ever taken and everyone at this resort had something to do with that. Everyone from the maids to the entertainment staff were top notch and really added to my great stay. I met some really nice people and started some really nice lasting friendships while I was there which I never expected and was and added plus. As long as you allow yourself to have a good time, you will and I will definitely be going back as soon as possible.

2. sheriandbob

sheriandbob Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Jason, we are going to BBG in July but were considering booking this place in the fall. Sounds like a great place.

3. YamYamMan

YamYamMan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Trip report GCPS 4/8-4/15

Cheers Jason looking for to my trip there even more now :wink:

4. Buffett

Buffett Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am going to make reservations today for my 55th birthday the week of June 24 thru July 1. I usually go to BBG but decided this time to try something different. Made a list of all the adult only resorts and broke it down to the Golden Parnassus.
    Some questions:
    1. Do the bars serve Bacardi rum or something just as good?
    2. Do we need to ask for egg crates for the bed? and bring our own pillows?
    More to follow I am sure.

Thanks, Buffett

5. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The bar serves about anything you want. Alfonzo is the best.. He is there from before lunch till later times of the day.. He is wonderful..

EGG CRATES WOULD BE GREAT!!!
    The beds were harder than bricks...

6. Buffett

Buffett Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info. I was worried. Last time at BBG I had to go across the street and buy my Bacardi and bring it back and have the bartenders mix with it. I guess I am a little too picky with my rum, but most of the other brands just don't taste very good.

7. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do know they had Bacardi Limon too, and they fix the drinks the way you like them.. If you want double or triple shots, you go it...

Alfonzo is the best... If you like sweet drinks, tell Alfonzo to make you a

ROAD RUNNER

It was awesome...

8. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Also, The Old Bar has awesome food. It opens at 6:30 of the evenings. All the food I had there was great! Room service is also 24/7....

9. Buffett

Buffett Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Roadrunner Hummmmm. Sounds interesting. I will have to try one.
    Is room service complimentary? Not that I want to stay in the room to eat , but just in case I get too hungover and can't move the next day.

10. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was when I went. I'd get breakfast if I was felling a little sick, and when I got back from drinking lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice