Golden Parnassus (Adults only) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    We have wanted to go to Playa but not sure if an all-inclusive is the way to go there. If you do not mind, where did you stay and was it adult only?

Thought about the Playa Maya and enjoy the city a bit more. I am guesing it will probably cost about the same and my liver might not suffer as much. Any help is appeciated.

2. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We stayed at the Riu Tequila, and will be at the Sandos Playacar in december. They are AI's but not adults only. We have also looked at Playa Maya, La Tortuga, etc...but AI's are best for us. $5 ride to 5th avenue...about a mile away or so.

We loved the Riu. It is what it is. Nice enough. Good food. Clean, jungle setting. Nothing fancy, but perfect for what we want.

Was not a problem though, as it was at least 80% european two weeks ago. Hardly any kids anywhere, and the ones on the beach are used to topless women. BJ had no problems being topless. Walking the beach a mile topless, swimming topless. Most were anyways. Felt like an adults only place almost.

I'm sure it can get kid ugly at the right times though. We have been getting some great deals. Hard to pass up, and we are beach people and the beach was fantastic!

3. 2v

2v Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    What travel restrictions are you speaking of? We got a quote from a TA today for Jan 22-28. Good price out of Omaha. I have read on some reports that guests get bumped to the sister hotel if the Golden overbooked. Any problems or experience with this? Is Jan their high-busy season where I need to worry about this?

We did Temptaions two years ago, thought we would try GP this time. Its starting to get cold aleady in Iowa, this will be a nice break to the winter.

4. vacationfun2

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    I was referring to any restrictions that might come about because of H1N1.

Yup, wet and not very warm anymore. However, I am an avid hunter, so this is OK with me. The rest of my family does not agree.

I looked at the GP and Temptations yesterday. Better prices than at this time last year. We went to TTR for three years then the last three years at the GP. I want to split the vacation of nine days between the two and she can't decide.

I hope to book within the next month. Lasyt year in December the prices came down a bit and we used our insurance and rebooked. Saved about $800. (what we re-booked for are about the same price as they are now)

5. Redzeddy

Redzeddy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're booking last minute for Temptation (but was looking at GP) for Dec, 3rd. Our first time, actually our first vacation out of Ontario ...what was your experience like, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks,
    Crystal

6. 2v

Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    Seems like almost everyone here already has/had HINI, Will like purchase insurance just in case. Thanks for the info. Our TA priced an Ocean Club room with air for 2050 - for two at GP. Seems like a good price.

Kevin

7. vacationfun2

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    That is a good price. We are looking at ten days and it is about $2800, with insurance, transportation, etc... If you do not mind, can you PM your TA's number.

Crappy weather, again.

Thanks

8. 2v

Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    She is getting back to us tomarrow, I will need to see if the price stayed the same, I will forward you her email.

Kevin

9. 2v

Ratings:
    +107 / 0
    New dates, Jan 22- 28. Anyone else?

10. vacationfun2

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Been checking and the price for the GP has more than doubled. They must be close to sold out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice