Golden Parnassus (Adults only) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbsb

dbsb Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We definitely left it in need of scrubbing.

2. justice

justice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hell yeah.

3. azcouple

azcouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How does GP compare to RIU Cancun? We are booked at RIU for a few days but after reading about GP, we are thinking about changing. Has anyone stayed at both. We are looking for a place with Fun People, good drinks and a nice beach. She likes the freedom of being topless. We also like a comfortable bed which I hear RIU doesn't have. Any suggestions. Does the location of RIU make it better to be able to walk to shopping and the Clubs. The rates are about the same so that doesn't matter.
    We would just appreciate your thoughts. There are no right or wrong answers.

Thanks

4. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Riu Cancun is much nicer than the GP. Walking distance is nice, but a 5 minute bus ride gets you there from the Golden. The selling point for us is the adults only aspect, as I like to go topless without children around. Both are good....you can't go wrong either way. By the way, nearly all the beds in Cancun are rock hard. Something we've gotten used to over the years.

5. BluegrassGal

BluegrassGal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What a week, absolutely loved the hotel, the restaurants, the TIKI bar, what a blast. Met alot of great people, loved the whole atmosphere of the place. Did not want to come home. Will definitely be back!

6. kingfish78734

kingfish78734 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    57 days....we are SOOOO ready!!

7. justice

justice Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im to lazy to count what are your dates?

8. kingfish78734

kingfish78734 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sept 26 - Oct 2 :)

9. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    GP beachline

The beach line is EXTREMELY rocky and devastated thanks to hurricanes.... but they are working on it. HOWEVEr.... u can go to the sister resort for free..... Great Parnassus..... with free hourly shuttle. You just get a pass from the front desk. The beach at Great parnassus is wayyyy better.... and the restaurants are great! However, there are kids..... but there is an adult pool which is high up in the hotel and has a great view. It's topless. I just wore my thong the whole time with a towel when i walked through the hotel. And even though there are kids at the hotel and you cant be topless by the main pool..... right down the stairs on the beach is public property and you can be topless there as well.

It's a great other property..... but it's more per night. And we are addicted to Gamaliel at the golden parnassus..... in the buffet that overlooks the pool.... he is awesome! We love the golden!

10. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've never heard anyone say that the Great's beach was better than the Golden. In december, the Goldens was much better as usual. The Greats is full of huge slab rocks. Now I will admit that the Goldens beach was the worst we have seen it since Wilma devestated it, but the water is still better to swim in. At least usually.

I've also never seen the Great more expensive than the Golden.

Love the cleavage shot hammie! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice