Golden Parnassus (Adults only) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 911gal

911gal Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Balconies?

Really, Wow, that would be great to have the jacuzzi and balcony too! How can we validate this info?

Thanks so much
    911gal

2. cancunnewf

cancunnewf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Confirming balcony info

We read on a trip advisor board (www.tripadvisor.com)that someone had received an e-mail from GCPS confirming they were putting balconies on the sixth floor rooms. Go to trip advisor, click on cancun, cancun forums, and then search that forum under the hotel name...the e-mail is posted there ...hope this helps!! We are going in April and hope the beach is restored by then.

3. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well this hotel had a huge and NICE beach to start with ..So i am sure they should be ok. Maybe losing some footage...Unlike some other hotels which didn't have great beaches to begin with..

4. 911gal

911gal Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    thanks

Thanks for the help all... but I have to postpone again... my dad had a stroke this weekend and I am his only caregiver. So... we will go later!
    :cry:

911gal

5. hovis

hovis Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just found this note on another website re a change of name for the GCPS

Hola Veronica,
    I am curious about the name change. Has the hotel sold to a new owner? I have heard that the hotel will no longer be affiliated with Crown Paradise Club. Will it be affiliated with any other hotels? When is the change projected to occur? The Name GCPS sure has a big loyal following, but much of the loyalty is centered in the tasteful, Adults Only, format. Will the resort still be Adults Only?
    Answer:
    Hello Sandy:
    This happened about 6 months ago and it is really a family matter, the father kept the Golden Crown and the “kids” the Crown paradise Club. The father is building another hotel next to the Hilton which will open Fall 2006, the name will be Great Parnassus (all inclusive 5 star for families and adults) and by now we are starting to launch the changing on the name of the Golden Crown Paradise spa to Golden Parnassus (all inclusive 5 star adults only).
    The Golden and the Crown are not affiliated any more, for the moment we are continuing to offer the exchange privileges until we have the new hotel.
    That is more or less how the story goes.

6. lisa100blue

lisa100blue Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Honeymoon

Hi all,

I had booked Blue Bay Getaway for my honeymoon in Aug but recently changed it to Golden Crown Paradise. Was this the right think to do? the hotel looks lovely and from the reviews everybody seems pleased with it.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well I have never been tothe BBG but I lvoed the GCP. It was top notch for sure. Clean and fun.

Although one tip, there isn't a BUFFET for dinner, there are only a la Carte dinners...

8. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lisa100..........we were at GCPS in Oct just before Wilma hit. We loved it!!! If you go to tripadvisor.com you can read several reviews about the hotel. pre/post Wilma. If you have any questions about GCPS you should have them all answered between the reviews on this site and the tripadvisor site. Good luck to you.

9. VanIslandcanuck

VanIslandcanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    GCPS

Does anyone know the state of the beach in front of GCPS. I saw a video about a month ago and it didn't look good but have heard that the beaches are coming back slowly.

10. hovis

hovis Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we were supposed to be travelling to the gcps at xmas but our tour operator first choice from the uk has just informed us that it has failed their health audit- now being transferred to the el dorado royal on riviera maya
    very dissapointed but no doubt we will have a good time in new hotel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice