Golden in March 2011

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Orise03, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Orise03

Orise03 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Me and the wife will be staying at the Golden early March 2011. First time in Cancun. Does anyone have some suggestions for us on the "have to do" for our stay? :huh: We have 4 nights to get a years worth of stress relief.:mnm:

2. hrdway8

hrdway8 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +168 / 1
    Definitely hook up with the entertainment staff on going to one of the night clubs. Coco Bongo's is a must, and the entertainment staff goes there on Sunday nights. $65/person gets you transportation with the staff, entrance into the club, VIP seating, and all you can drink. You are on your own for the trip back to the hotel.. buses run 24-7.

Also, contact Yanina at the GP to get the daily pool and other events schedule prior to your visit.

My wife and I spent 5 nights there in July for our anniversary. We also got the couples massage under the stars which was great, and if you can budget it, I'd recommend it too.

One other note, always take the buses into town (and back from the clubs). They're 0.65 per person one way.. the cabbies charge 5.00 for the same trip. Buses are very safe, and the nearest stop is about a 5 min walk.

3. bretthexum

bretthexum Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +706 / 0
    Spring break huh? Brave :)

We're waiting until late April or early May. Quite a bit cheaper and not so many drunk 18 year olds...

4. tflexxin

tflexxin Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +998 / 0
    We just returned from there 3 weeks ago. The renovations are pretty nice. Staff great. CocoBongos and The City we did with staff nights. It was less than $65 pp, Coco Bongos women are less than guys.
    Had a great time.
    Activities around the pool are fun all day, and the beach is nice and quiet if you need a break.

5. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    I'll be there in March!! so excited! :)

6. Country Cut

Country Cut Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Coco Bongo's is a must do. Have been to it everytrip we made to Cancun. One question is the VIP from GP in an area where you can sit? The area the GR Solaris always took you to was to the right side of the bar, right by the stairs and it was standing room only. It has to be the most crowded club we had been to, but the stage shows and dancing on the bar is worth it. I think we went to Daddy O's and it was great we had a roped off area just for our crowd with liquor and all the mixers sitting on the tables so you could mix your own. Daddy Rocks is good also.

7. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    okay! Jungle tour is a HUGE waste of money.... you go on a 2 person boat(that one of you drives) into a bunch of trees, and at the end they give you a bottle of water.... some companies give you dinner. completely blew. worst time EVER. worst waste of 65 bucks EVER!

I say MUST DO:
    - a Cancuncare Boobs Cruise, provided that you are there when one sails.
    - Jet skiing in the lagoon (ocean has it too but the currents have been soooo crazy the last few years..... def do that at your own risk and you feel the need to)
    - Parasailing is so beautiful... but can also be quite dangerous.
    - ABSOLUTELY MUST go to Isla Mujeres. Take the bus downtown(the one that says Pto. Juarez) Tell the bus driver to stop at Puerto Juarez (hwar ez). The other ports over charge the tourists. Pto Juarez is safe and beautiful inside, just be on the look out just like you would in any other city. Take the ferry to Isla and rent a golf cart. The place right in front when you walk off the dock is who we used last year. We were told two years ago to you PePe's golf carts... but everyone kept complaining about them and how the golf carts broke down all the time and they weren't refunding money or giving out a new cart. Go all over but make sure you stop at the end of the isle(to the right side of the dock you arrived at) and check out the light house. You can actually walk up in it and the views are amazing. Be careful though... you have to pay to pee! (no joke) lol. You can pay a couple extra bucks to walk through a little area to the end of the cliff, but we never have. to the right of the bathrooms(near the lighthouse) there is a wedding pagoda. Behind it is a great leaning palm tree.... wonderful for pictures! In front of that pagoda, there is a break in the shrubs and trees. It's VERY dangerous to go out too far.... but if you step over a log, you can walk to the edge of a cliff. NICE size drop, do not slip or jump, you WILL die... but the views and photos from there are BREATH taking! We always get pizza but i would have NO luck trying to describe how to find the place lol. Definitely check out the stores. Never settle for how much they tell you. They will barter many times for even more than half the price they asked you. Just tell them... awee man.... i only have 10 bucks! and look really sad. Usually they take it! lol just don't pull out a 20!

golf cart - Login | Facebook

East beach - Login | Facebook

leaning tree near pagoda - Login | Facebook

cliff entrance - Login | Facebook

the drop - Login | Facebook

side view from cliff - Login | Facebook

group pic on cliff - Login | Facebook

left drop - Login | Facebook

wedding pagoda - Login | Facebook

sign- Login | Facebook

view from top of lighthouse - Login | Facebook

5-10 bucks extra to walk through here (i've been here 3 times and never did it) Login | Facebook

you'll see tons of these guys!
    Login | Facebook

you can pee.... but it'll cost ya! :) Login | Facebook

AWESOME house in ISLA
    Login | Facebook

ENJOY guys! :D if u go when im there i can be your tour guide!

Theres another amazing area but if you don't turn down this messed up driveway, pot holes galore.... looks like an abandoned driveway, you'll never find it. Great views, free bathroom, and u can get ice cream or pet the shark for like 5 bucks i think it is :)
    HOWEVER if u go on the Boobs Cruise, that is where they take u for lunch.

8. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    March 1st through the 8th. The Iowa weather is slightly worse than normal but not as bad as last year.

Orsie I will send you a picture of us if I can figure out how.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice