Golden/Great Parnassus is the BEST in Cancun!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by HammieJ, Jan 12, 2010.

1. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    So we are returning in March 2010.....and I think this is trip #5 or #6. Slightly setback that all thee visits we could have been visiting other places in the world.... but we are wayyyy too in love with cancun and the golden parnassus. the great is awesome too! Can't wait to say hi to our favorite waitress at the buffet at the golden.....Gamaliel <3

I LOVE CANCUN!!!!!

2. esteban

esteban Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is your take on Golden Parnassus versus the Great? Stayed at the Great before, checking out the Golden this year...

3. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    well we stayed at the Golden 4 or 5 times and the Great last year(only because they offered to move us since something was happening with their air conditioner in the room they had for us..... and since they through in 12th floor oceanview including VIP wristband..... and our very own breakfast restaurant, lol we gladly accepted). I would say the great has a better variety of restaurants. But I just truly love the Golden. I love the hot tub and tequila volleyball... i love my waiters at the buffet. I tried the barn, buffet, and the seafood restaurant. The barn is pretty good, buffet is amazing but people complain because it usually similar things daily.... but i could never tire of their delicious food. I definitely recommend their morning omelets(spell check isn't correcting that but it looks terribly wrong, lol)

The seafood place does give you small portions.... but since food is included you can definitely order more. I still have yet to eat at sumo or the other restaurant on the side.

I definitely recommend a massage at their spa. They ARE def pricey... but worth it. I did an hour long massage, seaweed wrap, and even a foot massage..... and they are allll amazing. It doesn't matter who you get, everyone is GREAT! lol. I think if I remember correctly the one hour massage was like 110 or 120 USD.

The entertainment is fun.... even if you don't want to participate. They have trivia questions(name that tune), dance contests, tequila volleyball(my personal favorite.... but beware of KFC if you lose! lol), morning yoga poolside, water aerobics. I love their entertainment staff. Always cracking some sort of joke.

The tiki bar is a hot spot after 9pm-2am or whenever the crowd dies down. Some amazing and crazy memories can be made there and sometimes leads to steamy events in the jacuzzi.

Everyone complains about the jacuzzi being too cold.... but honestly... i found it perfect for me. I don't like my bath water scolding hot.... just nice and comfy... and the jacuzzi is not that far off..... even though it claims to be over 100 degrees Fahrenheit.

Don't go expecting to see everyone topless. When I went, I was the ONLY one last year. Maybe I just caught it on bad days because all the other years more chicks did it. It's kinda like.... once one chick does it.... some follow along.

the Golden is a short walk to the bus stop.... but nothing to strenuous... just a minute or two. At the bottom of the driveway you can go to the left or to the right. There is one both ways once you meet the main roadway.

Dont think that just because you are staying at the Golden you can't go to the Great. There is a free shuttle that takes you back and forth. So if you need a change in restaurants, no problem. Just tell the front desk and they will reserve a seat for you. I believe it goes every hour or so.

hmmm what else? oh! Girls ARE aloud into the mens locker room..... but men are NOT aloud into the girls locker room. :)

and if you bring back a chick it's usually 120 per night(an expensive bang if you ask me) lol..... and sometimes you can bribe them but its not likely. If you meet a chick and the golden or the great.... it's quite fun and risque to bang on the balcony. It's also fun to just lay butt ass naked(or walk out butt naked) and just look out into the ocean(or lagoon) on the balcony. Don't be alarmed of the gardeners in the morning though. They crawl up and down and over the balconies to water the plants. This just means that you shouldn't sleep butt naked with the blinds open.... unless you dont mind the chance of the gardeners accidentally catching a glimpse! lol. Sometimes in the morning i purposely walk out naked, and yell out to the gardeners, and jump up and down waving to them! lol it's hilarious to watch their reactions....

Beware of ants sometimes on the balcony at the Golden.... a problem i didn't notice at the Great.... but still no biggy. I may bring some ant spray lol. The golden is definitely more dated, but still beautiful. The beach is definitely better at the golden.... BUT you will want to wake up at the ass crack of dawn to put a towel or something out at the pool or you will NOT get a lounger. lol. Just a forewarning.

okay i think i wrote wayyyyyyyy more than asked.... but i truly hope i helped! I have more if you need it! :)

4. esteban

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome, awesome info - muchisimas gracias! :beer4:

5. Cape Couple

Cape Couple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Wow, Hammie, that's one of the most detailed TRs I've seen about the Golden (and I font think I've ever read a report with info about how much the girls cost and about "banging on the balcony", lol. It's been a couple of years now since we stayed at the Golden, but we really enjoyed it and would like to return sometime. Your report brought back memories! Maybe we'll see ya there!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  6. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0

haha I was going on and on with it..... on a roll. I had soooooooo much more i wanted to say but i knew i already wrote a novel! lol.

I would love to meet you guys one day too!!! I thought last year was my last visit since i was married and trying to have babies... but since he proved himself to be a complete COCKer spaniel.... I am looking for a replacement! lol apparently it'll be a few more years and few more trips to cancun! The greatest place on Earth!

7. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    See previous post :)

8. esteban

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just have a few drinks and continue the trip review then with your additional thoughts :) Some of my best college essays were started at 1 or 2am when I returned from the bar. Absent a few typos which were easily corrected sober, the creativity was bar none :aktion025:

9. HammieJ

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    haha surprisingly i barely drink. if i had ONE smirnoff ice... i would be either on the floor or sleeping... i am a majorrrrr lightweight! lol

i wouldn't consider it a trip review.... more or less a hotel review with info. :) It's too many trips consolidated into one! lol.... unless we call it mass 'cun review. lol

10. NC Gal

NC Gal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Going last week in Feb and cannot wait to get there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice