Going to Cancun on the 15th!!!

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by cancun101, Aug 10, 2007.

1. cancun101

cancun101 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're going to Cancun for the first time on the 15th for 7 nights and had some questions. By the way we're staying at the Ambiance.

We were planning on doing a lot of tours and were wondering if anyone had any input on them. Heres some of the ones that we're thinking of doind:

Bull Fight
    BOB - Breathing Observation Bubble
    Swim with the Whale Shark
    Feed the Sharks
    Day Fishing
    Jeep Safari with Snorkel
    Playa Del Carmen Tour

Oh and we got some snorkeling equipment so if anyone knows any good spots we'd appreciate it a lot :).

Also we were planning on going out almost every night and were wondering if this is the place to be for the 18-22 crowd on these days:

Wed- Corona Bar
    Thurs- Foam Party (Grand Oasis)
    Fri-Coco Bongo
    Sat- The City
    Sun- Senor Frogs
    Mon- Bulldog Cafe
    Tuesday- Daddy O's

Does the foam party attract a huge crowd on thursday nights at this time of the year?

Thanks for all the help and all comments are appreciated :)

2. cancun101

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No one? Also is it a good idea to wear dress shoes to the clubs or are tennis shoes fine? Also can you wear shorts into all the clubs? And is cheaper to buy the tours once you get there or in advance? I heard buying them in downtown they're usually cheaper is that true?

3. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I say all of those clubs will be fine, go where the hotel goes. You can't plan your nights in Cancun, once you are there everything changes.

Bars/Clubs are all casual. Don't wear your good shoes, they will be ruined. You can really wear whatever you want out at night.

Foam party doesn't generally get very favorable reviews.

4. cancun101

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the reply! I'm not sure if our hotel will have a lot of people going out to clubs since it seems to be a family oriented hotel. So tennis shoes should be fine at all clubs in cancun? Also is it safe to book tours downtown and is it actually much cheaper or about the same as booking online?

Thanks

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I have to ask what you mean by "downtown"???

If you are talking about the main area of the hotel zone that is not downtown. That's what's referred to as Party Central.

I would say it is safe to book there (wouldn't usea credit card though) but might not necessarily be the cheapiest unless you're looking to tradea few hours of your time for the tour tickets.

Just about every tour you mentioned can be had as "payment" for sitting through a timeshare presentation. But if you aren't up for that you might consider booking through Entertainment Plus (the link is at the bottom of this page) ahead of time.

You can cancel with no penalty and that is not the case other tour providers.

If you are talking about actually going downtown as in where the locals live, you'll find about the same prices and the same offers for timeshare presentations in places like Market 28 etc. I wouldn't say you'd find them to be any cheaper though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice