going back to Canada with pet

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Brennetta, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Brennetta

Brennetta Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does Anyone know what the rule are for bringing a pet to and from Cancun?

2. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you talking hamsters or pit bulls? Seriously, you'd have to contact the hotels and ask if they'd take the specific type of pet you have. Might be cool with a cat, but not with a Golden retriever.

Also, there are websites dedicated to pet-friendly hotels throughout Mexico.

3. Isabelle

Isabelle Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    are you sure you'd be allowed to bring an animal in and out of a country without it being quarantined for an amount of time??? i'd look into that first (if you haven't already). I see your from Vancouver... will your pet be able to handle the warmer weather of Cancun???

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can bring a dog from Canada to Mexico without a quarantine, see here:
    http://tinyurl.com/2rxfwt

It looks like the same regs from brining pets from the US to Mexico.

Personally I think that having a pet in tow while apartment hunting would be a pain in the neck. Cab drivers won't want the dog in the car. So you'll have to rent a car while you look.

5. 212eric

212eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had to laugh when I noticed this post just after reading the following article, but the short answer to your question is yes you can bring your dog:
    http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/?p=956

I think my only concern would be about re-entry to your country of origin with your pet, so you should really check up on that before you start traveling to Mexico with Fido.

212eric
    CANCUN TOP 100

6. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    pets in hotels

I have taken my miniature pinscher in taxis on numerous occasions. Sometimes it seems impossible to get a ride if I don't have her in her pet carrier, however. I've taken her in my arms more times than I have had her in her bag though. I guess I should add that I have only taken her on short trips and not on all-day apartment hunting missions.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice