Go Cancun Pass

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by RobandSarah, Jul 7, 2021.

1. RobandSarah

RobandSarah Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Has anyone gotten the gocancun pass? Was it worth it?

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I had never heard of it, but looked it up.

First, I would say how many tours do you want to do, while at Temptation? It's the kind of place you might not want to leave (except for the Boobs Cruise!)

The itinerary they propose to demonstrate the savings shows doing 3 tours a day. That is a grueling schedule for one day, let alone consecutive days.

People get excited pre-vacation and make grand itineraries, then it all goes out of the window once there.

I think it's one of those business models that relies on making a profit through people not using it, a little like a Premier membership!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  3. RobandSarah

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Aha. We definitely don't plan on doing any while at temptations but we will be in the area for 6 days after our temptations visit. And I can definitely see that happening to many! 3 tours in a day does sound like a lot. With you having lived in Cancun for a while, is there anything you'd recommend to check out that isn't on the usual lists you'd find online?

4. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Not really, pretty much everything worth doing is commercialized and online.

I'd suggest doing maybe 3 or so if you have 6 days free, one day on one day off. Anything more than that will tire anyone out.

Chichen Itza, Xcaret full days, maybe Tulum and Xel Ha (same day). Plus the Boobs Cruise :)

5. RobandSarah

Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    That's a good idea, one day on, one day off. I appreciate the advice! We were thinking of going to tulum but from what I've read on reddit forums, recently (people were mainly referencing the last 3 months) the violence has gotten worse there. There's been a few broad daylight shootings in pretty populated and touristy areas. Because of this, we weren't sure if we wanted to go. Have you heard anything about that? We're still deciding on books cruise! We originally had thought about going at the beginning of our trip so we could hang with people after at temptations but our flight doesn't get in till 955 am the day of the cruise. We may go on the 23rd or 26th though!

6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Don't give it a second thought. Just gangs on gangs and no worse than many places in the US.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice