~ Go Away IDA ~

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by janie, Nov 5, 2009.

1. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife tells me that there is talk of a 24 million pesos drainage system for Don Celis and Lombardo, does anyone know any more on this? I hope it's true, might take the stench away.

2. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If they are gonna spend that money on Donceles I reckon they have something planned - maybe first do the drains, then flood the area, when the people leave buy up the land cheap and then build luxury apartments (that no one seems to buy) on top of where the charming neighborhood of Donceles once stood. Then focus there attentions on Puerto Juarez!

Maybe now is a good time to buy some land around Donceles after all.

RG over to you....

3. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does that mean that Lombardo will become the new Donceles? Will the gym become the new Sport City? :lol: I definetely think your right though mate, Ingrids Grandad always said it, they'll get everyone out of Donceles somehow, you just can't see a rough area existing next to those luxury flats. You think the poisoning of the poor Tijones (Coatis) has something to do with it?

I just hope they leave Lombardo alone for now, well thinking about it, they can have our place for a couple of million or just offer us a four bedroom on Isla Dorada with very large speed boat parked outside :). Actually the way things work around here, we'll be lucky to get out with 3 pesos, a tamale, some tamarindo drink and our fingers still attached!

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Matkirk - I think you said it perfectly.

5. sparksfly

sparksfly Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    IDA

Just returned from 7 days in Riviera Maya. IDA did not affect us at all. Weather was great all week and we enjoyed sun every single day! The people are great in this area and there are lots of things to do. IDA apparently went more east and therefore did not affect the Riviera region much at all. So glad that we did not change plans. Can't wait to come back again!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice