~ Go Away IDA ~

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by janie, Nov 5, 2009.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I won't let the cats out or remove the damns until it's gone for good. But the windows are open and the birds are doing their thing. It's not very hurricane-like here right now.

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Ida is now a Cat 2 hurricane...............though you would not think it!
    Tracey

3. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Looks like we may have dodged the bullet, but not by much, it seems. Amazing.

I'm going to have to give those birds a second look.

What goes good with tuna fish?

4. th@bvg

th@bvg Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you turn on the historical track on stormpulse you can see that IDA took up a westerley heading for a few hours late yesterday which would have brought the storm onto the peninsula around about Pto Morales and Cancun would have the full effects of the NE quadrant of the hurricane. As it happened it turned north again - fortunately, and has passed to the east.

By the way - the beach restoration - OMG !! Big, big waves laying waste to everything that was achieved last week - now 50% has gone

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    th@bvg - We'd love to see some photo of the beach, if you can post some.

6. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Rivergirl - There you go again. I used that Soriana example to my friend janie as she knows for sure where it is and can relate.

But to say that is the first place in Cancun to flood is just not true. Maybe one of the first places but not the first. How about Tankah between Coba and Mercado 28? Or Calle 11 in SM 62 in front of Cruz Blanca? Or La Luna at Del Sol? Or Doncelis? or . . . ?

And I doubt it is over the curb after 5 minutes of rain as it was the day I pointed out after a long rain.

Could you please provide your source data for your quote that "That's the first place in Cancun to flood."? Then I will be giving you praise for you accurate post.

xoxo,
    T.J.

7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I should say...it's the first place I go regularly to flood. Is that better? But speaking in absolutes is so much more fun.

8. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Doncelis has go to be the first place to flood, it floods with just a light shower and was great fun to drive through the last few days, especially that lovely smell that only Doncelis can produce, of course it's going to get worse when they build a big wall to completely keep us 'regular' people out of the new developments and golf course at Porto Cancun. Thankfully i live miles away in Lombardo Toledano, where you only get a few meters of water during a hurricane :?

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry RG. I could not let you and V have all the fun here.

I knew exactly what you meant. You are lucky though, that V did not beat me to the punch.

Cheers,
    T.J.

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ - I appreciate you looking out for me...lol.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice