Give A Toy Get A Smile

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by CancunNurse, Jul 20, 2008.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Temptations Resort has joined Give A Toy Get A Smile :D in collecting toys and numerous articles for the poor and sick children in Cancun and the surrounding areas. Please check the wesite www.giveatoygetasmile.org :D
    to see all the work we have done and all the children's smiles . I'm a Registered Nurse from NY and after Hurricane Wilma, the children's needs became quite apparent and Give A Toy was born. We have since given out over 3000 toys, school bags and school supplies, coloring books and crayons, stuffed animals, etc. to the children. We celebrate Christmas and Dia del NiƱos (Day of the Children) by handing out toys and we distribute school bags in August, at the beginning of school, filled with the school neccesities. We have also donated enough books to a school in Valladolid Nuevo for the teacher to start a library.
    All we need the Temptations folks to do is to bring me a toy! Temptations has a box set up for the drop-off..ask about it! You are guaranteed to make a child smile ...a small price for a priceless smile! :D
    THANKS! Nancy

2. acpens66

acpens66 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds great!!

Me and my girlfriend are coming down July 29th and staying at TTR! We are on board and will bring down something for the kids! Anything recomended?

3. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Toys

That's very nice of you! Thanks for thinking of my kids. Big smiles ATTCHA! Have a great time in Cancun!

4. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Toys

Please see our website
    www.giveatoygetasmile.org
    and you can find alot of suggestions of what kind of toys the kids like. Again, thanks for thinking of the kids! nancy

5. kj49er

kj49er Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How far is the Walmart there from TTR? I was going to fill a backpack here and bring it with me but I read that there is a Walmart in the area. I think I might have room in my suitcase... But just in case I don't, Maybe I can get it there.

Thanks,
    Kathy

6. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Walmart is about 6 minutes by bus from Temptations. We can always use school supplies or toys for Christmas. Thanks so much for thinking of the kids!

7. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,232 / 14
    :lol: , 6 minutes on a good day with no traffic, no stops and the bus doing 90mph. I'd say 20 mins is probably closer the mark.

8. kj49er

kj49er Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good. I will try to get all those that I party with and meet at TTR to take the trip with me and support those kids!

9. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! Greatly appreciated! Lots of smiles coming your way!

10. Benji & Ziggy

Benji & Ziggy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Does anyone know if they still have a drop off box at Temptation for the toys.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice