Give A Toy Get A Smile

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by CancunNurse, Jul 7, 2008.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Temptations Resort has joined Give A Toy Get A Smile in collecting toys and numerous articles for the poor and sick children in Cancun and the surrounding areas. Please check the wesite www.giveatoygetasmile.org
    to see all the work we have done and all the children's smiles :D. I'm a Registered Nurse from NY and after Hurricane Wilma, the children's needs became quite apparent and Give A Toy was born. We have since given out over 3000 toys, school bags and school supplies, coloring books and crayons, stuffed animals, etc. to the children. We celebrate Christmas and Dia del NiƱos (Day of the Children) by handing out toys and we distribute school bags in August, at the beginning of school, filled with the school neccesities. We have also donated enough books to a school in Valladolid Nuevo for the teacher to start a library.
    All we need the Temptations folks to do is to bring me a toy! Temptations has a box set up for the drop-off..ask about it! You are guaranteed to make a child smile :D ...a small price for a priceless smile! :D
    THANKS! Nancy

2. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Give A Toy

The Give A Toy Get A Smile Banner and Box have been placed in the Temptations Resort. Please help us to fill this box up by Christmas. The children are so appreciative of the smallest toys! It's nice to know that someone is thinking for them during the holidays!
    Please add your name and city to your toy so it can be added to the Give A Toy Get A Smile donators list. Thanks for helping!

www.giveatoygetasmile.org :D

3. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is awesome. If we get a chace to get down there before xmas again I will bring something.

Will it be there if I dont come until next spring? (would LOVE to think I could have two Vaca's this year but no guarentee!)

4. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ABSOLUTELY! Angibaby...we have been collecting toys for almost 2 years now and we have given out so many things and received so many smiles. :D We hope to continue this drive INDEFINATELY with the help of the tourists that visit our beautiful Cancun! Please check the website
    www.giveatoygetasmile.org :D
    to see where we have drop-off sites, what we do and where we go. We even have a new Forum for people to talk about their experiences of going out and meeting the kids!
    Thanks for your interest in Give A Toy and hurry on back to Cancun!

5. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would LOVE to hurry on back to Cancun (like hop on a plane later today!)...however three things in the way 1. finances 2. who to watch the brats and 3. I have a job. :( (am a nurse like you!)

Anyhoo. I will check out the site and I will definatly bring something when we head down (hopefully soon!!!). I love shopping clearance racks and there is a ton on sale at Target right now. My brats need NOTHING so we can pick some stuff up for Cancun kids! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice