Give A Toy Get A Smile

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CancunNurse, Jun 18, 2008.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My name is Nancy Myers and I am a Registered Nurse from New York living in Cancun for the past 10 years. I collect toys for the poor and sick children in and around the Cancun area. Tourists coming to the Cancun/Puerto Morelos/Playa del Carmen/Tulum area can bring toys down and drop them off at our drop off sites.

Cancun...Hard Rock Cafe or Needless Things

Puerto Morelos...David Lau's Chinese Food and Pizza

Playa del Carmen...Blue Pearl Suites and Dr. Claudia Lewy

Tulum...Ecotulum Resorts

All of the necessary information can be found on our website:

www.GiveAToyGetASmile.org :D

You can reach me at any time with any quesitons you might have at give_a_toy@yahoo.com. My husband and I collect toys, clothing, children's band-aids, toothbrushes, toothpaste, shoes, school bags and school supplies coloring books and crayons, (other things are listed on the website) and distribute all of these things to the local children or children living in jungle villages. We also support the children

--in the General Hospital,

--2 schools for children with severe emotional, physical and mental handicaps

--the children with family members that have HIV or AIDS, or they, themselves, have the disease

--the school in Valladolid Nuevo

--The Hogar del Esperanza in Bonfil...an orphanage with 18 children

--La Casita (not really much support because they get alot of support from other groups in Cancun)..an orphanage with 100 children in Cancun.

All of this has been done strictly by the tourists that come to Cancun. If you are coming to the Cancun area, please drop off your toys at one of these sites or contact me (887-5760 my home or 998 204-0072 my cel) and we will take you along on our little adventures of handing out toys to the kids. We're always out and about during the holidays so if you're in Cancun, come join us! The more people that know about us, the more people help us!

On June 15,, we were thrilled to receive a donation of $2,650 usd from Mary Kay Cosmetics European Division. This money will be used to buys toys in New York this summer and making Christmastime alot brighter for these children. AeroMexico has also joined us by donating an extra box to the kids to bring down toys every time my husband returns to Cancun (once every 3 weeks). This allows us to buy a greater variety of toys and donated toys!

One small toy can bring one big smile! :D

Thanks, Nancy

2. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Give A Toy

A hundred years from now
    It will not matter
    What my bank account was,
    The sort of house I lived in
    Or the kind of car I drove
    But the world may be different
    Because I was important
    In the life of a child :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice