GIVE A TOY...GET A SMILE! - Personal Delivery

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CancunNurse, Aug 28, 2006.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Jaime...We have been getting donations through other sources, but I appreciate you helping us oout with your own donations and toys!

I went to a different Walmart today and got a Magic Bottle Baby, 2 Mr. Mouth games, a Nerf Ball-Blaster with refills, 4 Lego sets for boys, and 4 Easy Writers. 12 More toys to add which brings us to 126 toys!

:D :D :D :D :D We're CRUISIN'!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    I'm still stuck on 3 paypal donations totalling $170. Hopefully more will be forthcoming, but you can be sure we'll be ramping it up a little the closer we get to Christmas.

3. riu girl

riu girl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Will you be running this program during early-mid December 2007 as well? We will be visiting Cancun at that time and would like to bring some toys.

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know how many toys we can bring down without having to pay some sort of extra money or having problems with customs thinking we are importing to sell in Cancun?

I would like to bring more than one, but don't wanna end up getting myself in trouble.

Michelle

5. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well...right now..no...I dont think anyone knows. I have someone who has a friend that is a customs lawyer in Puerto Morelos that *might be able to give us some legal info....but as we all know...the law is open to interpretation in Mexico, so it really just comes down to who you deal with.

I think you are allowed $300 dollars worth of goods tax free...but I dont know anything for sure....you would think, since its for charity that you would have no problems, and you might be well advised to print out the newspaper article from the photo gallery at the website as proof that the charity is real and not a story you made up. But even then its tricky.

My best advice is, if you plan on bringing alot of stuff, (and bless you if you are :lol: ) bring the reciepts, and DO declare them on your form...then if you are stopped you can explain they are for charity.

& THANK YOU for your support.. :D

6. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am hoping this will be an ongoing project until.....FOREVER! There are always some poor kids that need toys, and I want to make sure they get them. We will be happy to accept them no matter when you bring them down! I do believe that you are allowed to bring 5 toys down. I took Life_N_Cancun's suggestion and make a copy of the Give a Toy mission
    in Spanish (located at our website www.Giveatoygetasmile.org) and I will be bringing that down with me, which I hope will minimize any problems.
    Thanks to everyone, and Christmas is just around the corner! Nancy Claus

7. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We'd just like to say that it wasn't that hard to find toys to take. It didn't take that long and it will give you a good feeling when you're done.

If everyone takes a couple toys, a few colouring books and a few sets of markers/crayons I think every kid down there will have a very happy christmas.

9. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, we made it to Cancun without any problems. We looked at the back of the customs paper and it specifically says 5 toys per person...we brought 6 each. We also included a copy of the Give a Toy Mission copied from the www.Giveatoygetasmile.org website just in case we had a problem. Gratefully, no problem!

4biddenpleasrs...Thanks so much for bringing your toys. I will be adding your name to our website this week. I really appreciate you taking the time from your vacation to help out the kids.

I am so happy to say that toys are rolling in now on a daily basis. Every day, Janet and Joe come downtown from MY PLACE and call me and say.."We have toys for you!" There are more toys than you can imagine....and new clothing and hair and beauty supplies, stuffed animals, AMAZING! Thanks to all that have helped us with this project! :D

Nancy Claus

10. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Toys!

Our Toy Drive is going far better than anyone had ever expected. We are getting toys almost daily now from MY PLACE and have even had toys trickling in from Tulum and Playa del Carmen. Thanks to everyone that has brought toys down to Cancun or who have made a monetary donation! We have the children at the "Learning to live with AIDS and HIV" covered (52 children ) and we have a bunch of coloring books and crayons and stuffed animals for the children in the hospitals. The Director of the Hospital General has asked us if we could supply children with AIDS or HIV in the hospital that don't belong to this group with toys, too, and my answer was "WHY NOT!?". WE'RE CRUISIN'!! The toys that I receive now will be going to the children in the regions outside of Cancun. Thanks again to everyone for the generosity, love and support!
    Nancy Claus

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice