GIVE A TOY...GET A SMILE! - Personal Delivery

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CancunNurse, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  2. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks to everyone for all your help! I can't believe the response for this project. PLEASE be patient with me...I can't believe I am as busy as I am and I want to respond to everyone!
    Life_In_Cancun...Thanks so much for your help with a website! That would be a great thing....only that you are talking to a complete computer nerd. Can we meet and talk about it? I would love for this to get the most publicity it can, so whatever it takes. Send me a PM with your phone number or send me a message and I will respond with my phone number.
    Jaime...Thanks for offering to help Steve with the accounting and giving us a place to send checks to in the US. Can you please post that address?
    Also, would you mind if I posted it for the people of TripAdvisor that are helping with this cause as well? Many people have asked about monetary donations, and because of Steve and you, now it's a possibility. I look forward to meeting you when you are here in November.
    Thanks again to everyone!

3. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, CancunNurse already PM'd me with some places I could drop things off. I'm kinda waiting for the stores to get their Chirstmas stocks in before I buy anything.....

4. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Well for this year the only address I have is my home address. I'll deal with the folks that post here, but not sure I want to go global with it just yet. :D

If we do keep this up as an ongoing effort, I'm willing to get a PO Box in town and we can post that.

Look forward to meeting you too. :wink:

Jamie

5. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  7. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Life N Cancun...Thanks for making up the website! It looks great! How amazing are you! We are sure to get many, many more smiles because of you and this website. I'm smiling really big right now!!! :D :D :D

www.giveatoygetasmile.org

Check it out!

Steve...You've helped me to present this project to the WORLD! You get the absolutely BIGGEST SMILE! :D :D :D :!:

Thanks to everyone that has participated in this Toy Drive. I am getting more responses daily from people that are willing to help! We have over 55 presents now and I have had over 250 smiles...just from collecting the toys! We haven't even gotten to the smiles for giving out the toys!

8. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The total for Paypal donations so far received is standing at:

$170

Thanks to all who have contributed so far

9. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey everyone! I am in NY and I had the chance to go toy shopping. I bought a nerf maverick dart gun with refills, 4 Disneyy doll sets, 2 yahtzee, 2 Trouble, 3 games of memory, 3 Ker-plunk, 3 Dora the Explorer Candylands and 2 Candyland games, all for $185.! I couldn't believe I was able to buy 20 toys and I still have $55. left to play with! That brings us up to 114 toys! The great thing is that all of the toys have instructions in Spanish.
    Thanks to everyone that has donated a toy and to everyone planning on coming to Cancun and bringing a toy. This drive wouldn't be possible without you! Pleae check our website\www.giveatoygetasmile.org
    to make sure that your name has been posted. I would like to give everyone that has helped recognition for their effort.
    Thanks again annd keep those toys rolling in! It's starting to feel alot like Christmas! Signed, Nancy Claus

10. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Sorry to say no one has contacted me to take down their donations. :( So that it's not a total lost, I pledge to bring $50 of my own money along with a couple of gifts. :wink:

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice