GIVE A TOY...GET A SMILE! - Personal Delivery

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CancunNurse, Aug 28, 2006.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where is the Salvation Army orphanage? I would love to help them out. I would love to give every poor kid in this city a new toy for the holidays. Please understand my intention is not to create any bad blood or bother anybody else's charity work. I like to see the smiles....that's my main motivation! I have a number of places that have heard about this drive and I am keeping a list of them all so that I can contact them as we get closer to the holidays. Thanks for the suggestion!

2. JANNSUN

JANNSUN Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    great idea. STEVE used to have a place on the board for donation's to a childrens home.he linked it to a PAYPAL account.most people who use EBAY have a PAYPAL account. if he could set one up i think your cash donations could really increase.

3. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How do I go about doing a Paypal ? I never thought about something like that....

4. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    GIVE A TOY....GET A SMILE!

I do not want to infringe on any names by using Toys for Tots. :( I am calling this project... GIVE A TOY...GET A SMILE! :D That about sums it up. :p It's easy, it's simple and it's to the point :!: Steve, if you can somehow change the sticky name to this, it would be greatly appreciated :lol: Thanks to CancunCare, I have had an International response to this project :cool: I could NEVER have done it without you! :D

5. El Arracadas

El Arracadas Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to encourage everyone that reads this thread to make an effort to give! while you do that you are doing a great favour to yourself..

I just came back from Cancun and had the awesome opportunity to give to this great and noble cause, I can tell you right now that I will be back to give more as soon as I can.

That was one of the highlights of our vacation for me and my wife, by giving you are doing a great thing! which is giving hope to so many children in need..

Nancy is donating so much of her time for the mexican children and I would like to say MUCHAS GRACIAS! for taking care of my people, I really mean it.

This particular gesture we just did will be remembered for the rest of our lives, THANKS AGAIN NANCY FOR YOUR GREAT JOB!

Alex..

[/b]

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I've changed the title as requested and am also going to clean up the thread and delete the posts where we got sidetracked.

Re Paypal - it's easy to register a Paypal account, just go to http://www.paypal.com People can send you cash donations from a credit card and you can transfer that to your bank account and use the money for the way it is intended.

I previously raised money here in May 2004 and May 2005 for La Casita a childrens orphanage and we had two shopping sprees at Walmart attended by 20 or so posters where we bought items and delivered them to the orphanage. We raised something like $8,000 USD.

Unfortunately, due to allegations in the local press against the orphanage I had to stop. Also some vindictive people on other boards accused me publically of misappropriation of funds by gaining interest on donations (Paypal does not pay any interest), when in fact I paid the Paypal costs (2.5% or so of each donation) from my own pocket and had everything audited by a third party (Jamie from the board)

If you do want to accept Paypal donations then please bear this possible pitfall in mind.

We still need to sort out some of Daniella's toys she has grown out of, but when we do we'll bring them over.

7. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Just to let you know, Steve kept an accurate accounting of the money sent to him and it all ended up in the right place.

Jamie

8. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  9. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gosh, Steve, you are beyond great :!: I woke up this morning and there it is...change and all. Thanks so much! Funny you should mention that about the funds. My husband had said something about it too. He was worried about the same thing....I think he said..."no good deed goes unpunished". Do you have any recommendations as to how I should do the bookkeeping because I am the board, the collector, the distributor, the buyer, etc. I don't want to be accused of any misapproproation of funds! Do you have any suggestions for me?

10. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For anyone that needs more information, I have set up an e-mail for this project....
    Give_A_Toy@yahoo.com.
    I will answer any e-mails that come my way! Thanks again to everyone for all their support! Nancy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice