GIVE A TOY...GET A SMILE! - Personal Delivery

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by CancunNurse, Aug 28, 2006.

1. jda

jda Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Toys

I will be down in about a week and a half. If you would email me some detailed info on where to drop it off I will bring what ever i can fit in my bag.

2. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Steve. I never thought being "sticky" would make me so happy. Thanks for putting us out there for the world to see. In less than24 hours, I have gotten over 25 responses! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Thanks for your support and for helping us to promote this great effort!

3. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Nancy,

I was going to PM you again but thought everyone might need to know this - what ages are the kids? The toys I told you I have are for younger kids, around 4 or 5 I guess.
    But do you need things for kids of all ages, babies as well?
    Thanks
    Jen

4. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Jen....The kids range in age from 6 months to 18 years old. Anything to these kids is a present. Earlier, I had mentioned a bunch of ideas. Other great things for these kids....water guns, marbles, matchbox cars, dartboard, blocks, crafty things. The little ones, 3 and under, have a whole section of toys age appropriate. Even if we get the sealed teething toys and stimulation toys, that and a stuffed animal are very nice for the babies.

5. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks to everyone that has participated so far in this drive. We have started to get toys delivered to Joe and Janet's MY PLACE! I am sure we are going to have some really happy kids this Christmas! Thanks for your help and participation!

6. NicHamburg

NicHamburg Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And at least one kid more, which is very happy because i did some test-packing today, and there is plenty of room left for some toys.
    I am really excited about shopping for some toys, i did it not for nearly 12 years :)

7. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have fun shopping Nic...it's fun to play kid again! I really appreciate your helping me out with this project. Your enthusiasm is contagious!

8. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Toys for Tots project has begun and already we have received an unbelievable response! We are asking anyone that can, to bring a new toy when they come down to Cancun. These toys will be donated to children on Three Kings Day, January 6th...children of families wilth AIDS-HIV, children in hospitals and poor children in the regions far from Cancun. MY PLACE (located in Plaza Zocolo) is accepting toys in the Hotel Zone from 12 noon til 12 midnight. Put "Can you please help" for more information about our drive. Thanks for all the effort. This has become an INTERNATIONAL project!

9. Denise

Denise Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm planning on bringing some things down. I should be down there, before the end of this year. So count me in with some things in my suitcase for the kids. :D

10. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Salvation Army orphanage here in Cancun is short of funds (I think) so if you make them one of your targets for donations, that would be nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice