GIVE A TOY...GET A SMILE! - NEW CANCUN PROJECT

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunNurse, Oct 7, 2006.

1. CancunNurse

CancunNurse Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My name is Nancy and I am a Registered Nurse from New York living here in Cancun. In the past 8 years, I have participated in many projects dedicated to fundraising for the Community of Cancun. I have now begun my own project, called Give A Toy...Get A Smile! Thanks to Janet and Joe Cerutti of the club MY PLACE in the HZ, Steve and Cancuncare and Life N Cancun for their support!! We now have a website... www.giveatoygetasmile.org
    we have International recognition, and each day, we have more and more people offering their assistance to make this project a success!
    Now we are asking you for your help...RESIDENTS OF CANCUN! Please check our website and the Cancuncare site Cancun Info for more information about this drive. We are asking you to help us by donating a new toy. Our drop off sites are...MY PLACE..Hotel Zone, Plaza Zocalo, Clinica American Smile SM 25, across from Market 28, Calle Nance #17, Chicken Pollo, Avenida Bonampak #217, SM 4.
    A new toy is a small price to pay for the endless smiles you can create! :D

2. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our Toy Drive is going far better than anyone had ever expected. We are getting toys almost daily now from MY PLACE and have even had toys trickling in from Tulum and Playa del Carmen. Thanks to everyone that has brought toys down to Cancun or who have made a monetary donation! We have the children at the "Learning to live with AIDS and HIV" covered (52 children ) and we have a bunch of coloring books and crayons and stuffed animals for the children in the hospitals. The Director of the Hospital General has asked us if we could supply children with AIDS or HIV in the hospital that don't belong to this group with toys, too, and my answer was "WHY NOT!?". WE'RE CRUISIN'!! The toys that I receive now will be going to the children in the regions outside of Cancun. Thanks again to everyone for the generosity, love and support!
    Nancy Claus

3. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bumping this back up. We are in our second year with Give a Toy Get a Smile and with your help we can give a lot more children something to smile about!

Give a Toy Get a Smile distributes items to needy kids in and around Cancun, Mexico. Local hospitals, schools in lower income areas, small "poor" villages around Cancun and among some shelters and orphanages as well as other worthy causes that come to our attention. Our founder Nancy also works with DIF (family services) when planning events.

Please see the website for more detail and find out how you can help.
    www.GiveaToyGetaSmile.org

4. aaamigo2203

aaamigo2203 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The Quintana Roo Tigers Baseball Club and its mascot "Chacho" have recently agreed to support Give a Toy...Get a Smile's cause by visiting children at hospitals, signing authographs, etc.

5. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    THAT'S GREAT! I can't wait to get back to Cancun to organize some activities with the TIGERS! They are
    GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-EAT! Thanks for all your help and your efforts aaamigo223! You are the best. I will be back in Cancun Thursday night. Please try to contact me, or leave me your contact number, so we can get together and talk about future projects. Thanks again! Nancy

6. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Check your Yahoo email Nancy...

7. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Give a Toy Get A Smile

Unfortunately, tonight is the last night at MY PLACE....Joe and Janet did not have any reason to stay open and prolong the inevitable, so tonight is their last night. We have not decided on a new Drop Off site, so if you are bringing toys or school supplies down, do not hesitate to contact me and I will make plans to come to your hotel and pick up anything you bring! My cel phone number is
    998 204-0072. Call me when you come in and we can coordinate a time and place.
    We are certainly going to miss MY PLACE! Joe and Janet are the best and we are hoping this is not the last that we see of the two of them. Janet just let me know that for the next week or so, someone will be at MY PLACE in the evenings, if you would like to pass by with the toys and supplies....or call me directly.
    We are very happy to announce that the Cancun Tigres are now supporting us. We went to the hospital yesterday with Chacho, the Tigres mascot to visit the kids. They were very excited to see Chacho and we gave out coloring books, crayons and stuffed animals. It was very heart-warming. We are trying to get the Tigres more involved and hopefully, the new soccer (football) team coming to Cancun. We are hoping to fly the Give A Toy Get A Smile Banner in the Baseball stadium and new Soccer stadium opening tomorrow night! It would be great!
    Thanks again to everyone! Keep those toys and school supplies coming...I will keep you all posted as to where you can drop stuff off! Enjoy the rest of your summer! Nancy

8. CancunNurse

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Give A Toy Get A Smile!

Hey everyone...Happy to report that all is well in Cancun. We had some wind, some rain, but nothing compared to the wrath of Wilma! Today, my daughter Lindsay, Janet and I decided to put our time to good use (since we were one of the few houses that didn't have electricity all day) and we packed up all the school supplies into all the back packs we have received (please see www.giveatoygetasmile.org). Hopefully, we will be distributing them this week. I'm not sure what our final count on the backpacks is, but I will be counting them tomorrow and posting it on our website. September 1, we will start collecting again for our Christmas collection. We also ask for coloring books and crayons and stuffed animals for our trips to the Hospital. Chaco, the mascot for the Cancun Tigres our local baseball team, helped me to pass out coloring books and crayons and stuffed animals to the children in Hospital General on August 9th. We had a great t ime and got alot of press coverage within Cancun. A specil thanks to Ruben Mancilla for helping us to contact the Tigres and for all his help towards this organization. He has dedicated alot of time translatingour website and helping us to gain new supporters. THANKS RUBEN FOR ALL YOUR HELP! He is also going to contact the new Soccer Team to see if they will help us out as well. How wonderful it would be if they would fly the "Give A Toy Get A Smile" Banner in the Stadiums!
    Love you ALL!!! Nancy[/b]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice