Gifts for the staff?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by miked, Aug 20, 2008.

1. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are trying to come up with good ideas for the guys at Temptation. We think they work so hard to give us an awesome time every time we go, and just want to show our appreciation. Yes we know we could just give them money but we want to give them something that says we thought about them before we got there. Do any of you have any good ideas?

2. lowrider86

lowrider86 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    I always take some hard candy, they love it, so they tell me. Also some t-shirt or hats of there teams in the states, but you have to know who they like, sometimes the smallest of things mean more to them, like a Card to each one, with a personal touch. But whatever they love that you thought of them. They are no longer MY friends but MY extended Family.

3. xraider13

xraider13 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    I agree with the shirts and hats. Ceasar, our favorite waiter was given a Yankee hat by Bob from NY while we were there, he was elated. The manager made Bob sign a form stating that he gave him the hat of his own free will as if he had given him a huge gift. I think thats a great idea and just as I buy gifts while there for friends at home, I will probably do that on our next trip and bring some Texas memorabilia... I won't give them any Cowboy stuff though, I don't want them to think bad of me :lol:

4. Rick

Rick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    staff

we take local souveriors, t-shirts,hats, harley davidson t's were a big hit last trip. also if ya end up at a different club with them pick up the cover or bar tab. even the act. staff don't make much by our standards. rick

5. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    I write a personal thank you note in Spanish and enclose a little something extra at the end of our trip. Believe me, I don't speak Spanish (took it in high school for 1 year over 25 years ago) and it takes me forever to get the words (almost) right. I usually ask other staff how to say certain words/phrases. This time around, I will take some nice note cards with me because in the past I used the notepads you get in the rooms. :roll:

Sometimes you can get very nice/cute little trinkets in Dollar Stores (I assume you have these stores in the States just as we do in Canada???)...Scented candles, key chains, cute little photo frames, hand creams, scarves, notebooks, pens, etc. Just a few of ideas!

Cheers,
    Janice

6. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Janscott, if you want to write a note and have it translated into spanish, You can go to freetranslation.com and they will translate for you. way faster than I can translate on my own.

7. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Yep, there are quite a few translation sites on the internet and I've tried quite a few at other times...silly me, though, I never thought of it for my notes...and we had our laptop (and free internet, being members) with us!!!

Thanks for the great idea, Mike! :wink:

Cheers,
    Janice

8. Turbos

Turbos Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are usually there the 3rd week of February and we always bring Super Bowl t shirts, hats, mugs etc..They love it..even more this year because of the Giants winning.

9. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I always go with local stuff from around NY....For instance when i was down there in april there were a few that I had talked to that were going to try to get to Yankee Stadium this year before they move to the new stadium.....So Knowing that, I bought a bunch of Yankee shirts and hats with the new " Final Season" logo..... Funny how theres even yankee fans in Mexico, most of the bartenders have been calling me Derek Jeter for the last few years now... haha

10. SheikYerboottie

SheikYerboottie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hey backs, I took my last case of 16oz, Cardinals 2006 World Series commerative But Light cans with me last October, and you wouldn't believe all the converts for the week when I was there to Cardinal Nation!!! One of the bell boys actually knocked on my door mid week early morning, wanting to let me to know he really liked Bud Light and the Cardinals and if I had anymore left,~~~~ but they were allready long gone by then!!! :beerdrink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice