Getting your pipes cleaned

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Jan 26, 2007.

1. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really did think you meant Colonic's :lol:

2. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do plumbers in Mexico show off their plumbers crack with pride like they do here?

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heck yeah! I saw some nice cable guy AND cement guy crack today too. Lucky me. :wink:

4. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    http://colonblow.com

Highly recommended.

Cleaning the tinaca is easy. You just shut off the water supply, run a few loads of washing to empty it out, then climb on in with a bucket and Max's beach spade and scoop up all the mineral deposits in the bottom of it. Once they're gone, slop some cloro around, then mop that up and turn the water back on.

If you've had work done to the housr that involved guys banging walls with hammers, you'll find that the lime deposits that coat the inside of the copper pipes (thus protecting you fromt he lead solder they use) will have shattered and will be clogging up the filters in all your taps. If you can get to the filters to clear them to restore the water delivery volume, you can put some muratic acid into the system from up at the tinaca and open all the taps up. We had dark green goop coming out of our taps when we did it.

Just make sure you fush the entire system afterwards to get the acid out before you take your next shower!

5. CRAZYMIKE

CRAZYMIKE Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We I did, And would say I got my pipe cleaned everyday :lol:

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lucky you!!!

7. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Supply line? or outlet(s)?

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Drewbert, that's awesome info!

And who's getting their pipes cleaned everyday? Would that be self cleaning?

9. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Which awesome info did he give you? The colonblow link or the insturctions for cleaning the tinaco? I guess that's private.

It depends who we're talking about whether they do auto-cleaning or have someone come in and do their pipes.

10. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drew's advice is spot-on. That's exactly what we do every 6 months to a year. We have both a tinaco and a cistern and so have to clean out both beasts. But there's zero reason to pay someone unless you simply don't have time. We paid someone the first time and he didn't do as thorough a job as we wanted so we redid it anyway.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice