Getting The Beach Bod Back (or Close To)

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BrianandAlicia, Jan 11, 2020.

1. 1fit

1fit Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Great questions, and great points. This was an 8 week program for a vacay, and after I did alter my diet. That was restrictive, but that was the point. If you dont burn more calories than you take in, you wont see the changes. Sustaining this long term would be tough, but it's a good start to getting yourself used to a lifestyle change. I turned 49 back in December, and am still working out 6 days a week. I do cardio at least 4 days a week. I emcoporated some other protiens, like deli meat, but I am still low carb. No breads, no sugars. Oats & sweet potato's mostely. A little rice. The biggest thing is 1 cheat meal (not cheat day) per week of anythig I want, followed by a no carb day. I am attaching a picture of me this am with my coffee (drink lots!). This week I started the "cut" again for our trip to TTR in May. I have also added a pic of my wife's transformation over the past 12mo. She would kill me for this! But she has worked hard, eaten right, and it shows. She's 43. She's at the gym by 4am 6 days a week.

Attached Files:

2. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    And again GREAT WORK to both of you!
    And I sincerely mean that and you both should be extremely proud.
    Quite impressive.
    Even your loosened up diet is hard to stick to but you have made the correct lifestyle choice.
    That cheat meal, I know, keeps you sane in the membrane (membrain).
    We know how hard it is and for me I somehow “sleepwalk” to the freakin’ pantry no matter how restrictive the day time diet is!
    My brain somehow thinks that calories in the pantry don’t count.
    But we are trying to tighten it up.
    We both have 10 years on you but do go to gym 5-6 days a week.
    I am just not a cardio fan and get board so easily.
    Hence, I cannot cut up.
    Wife is different body type and fighting the typical menopause thing but she is trying her best and seeing a trainer too.
    She is a nurse and nutritionist so she knows all the right things.
    Again, a lifestyle choice and true commitment.
    I salute you for sticking with it snd sharing your story.
    It has certainly been successful and I am sure an inspiration to many.
    I wish you continued success...and don’t fall off the wagon!
    Paul

3. 1fit

1fit Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Thank you!! We really appreciate it.
    Totally get the night time "snacks". I have a tough time with it too. Just have to find that thing you can eat (enjoy) that fills you up, without the guilt. I know, waaaaay easier said than done.
    As you know, diet is about 80% of it, and can make big changes without cardio.
    For me, if I take my beginning photo, and I make a side by side each week, it helps motivate me to fight the cravings. Christina has been doing this all year, and it helped her to see that she was actually changing. Sometimes it's hard to tell when uou see yourself everyday and think there is no progress.
    I wish you guys luck, amd reach out anytime. I am going to do my best to stay on that wagon!!!!!

4. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    Six pack abs are made in the kitchen. Im 50+ and still work out 4 days a week. Was serious about is in my 20's and 30's and used to stay pretty leaned out.

Age is a great equalizer though. It now takes me twice the dieting to lose the same amount of weight, even on HRT.

Y'all keep it up. Fit is sexy!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Vince & Wendy

Vince & Wendy Welcome to Never, Never Land! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +792 / 0
    We may come a day or 2 sooner, so may have a couple more days overlap.
    I (Vince) am back on Keto and down 5 and closing on 10 lbs. now time to increase gym time to help the weight loss along. I have found just dropping the bad white carbs (and drinking) will work just slower.

6. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,138 / 3
    Opposite problem to get a beach body, but the struggle is real.

At least 3000 calories a day, but the right kind. Chicken, turkey, fish, eggs, deer/elk steak, broccoli, beans, brown rice, avocado, walnuts, almonds, protein drinks, sweet potatoes. A few tacos and fruit here and there for some variety cause it’s a pretty boring existence.
    Eat small meals at 7am, 11am, 3pm, workout from 5pm to 730/8 pm, eat at 8 pm, a few bites at 2 am.
    6’, 178 lbs. try to get 200 grams of protein a day. No bread, sodas, processed sugars, beer, dairy. (Ok....A class of chocolate milk occasionally).
    I’m endomorphic, so when I drop calories I get skinny fast but my muscle/strength goes with it especially if I don’t keep protein coming in.

What got me going was that I was always in pretty good shape, race triathlons for years. But then had kids. Occasionally worked out, but not consistent. Took the kids to the beach in 2012 and saw my dad bod in photos. Otherwise known as “skinny fat”.

I know that I’ll never be the strongest or fastest anymore. But I can live with that.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  7. BrianandAlicia

BrianandAlicia Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +615 / 0
    With all the great advise I'm happy to say that I'm down 12 lbs in the month of January. I'd like to get down another 20 lbs before our trip. Alicia is down as well (not that she had to loose any weight - she's sexy as can be. F**k I am one lucky man to have such a gem) The next two months, February and most of March, will be focused on weight loss and then the last week of March and into April it will be weights. Try to get some definition......

Thanks again for all the advise everybody

8. BrianandAlicia

Ratings:
    +615 / 0
    Like FakeNewsTeam said, great job. You both look great. Hopefully one day I will get some type of definition other than round. Keep up the hard work

9. BrianandAlicia

Ratings:
    +615 / 0
    Worse case scenario I take the raw chicken diet. That should be could for a few pounds I'm thinking................lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  10. Chris and April

Chris and April Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0
    It actually does work!!!! I tried it, fell into a coma for 8 weeks and lost 30 lbs as I was only fed liquids thru a tube. I'd recommend.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice