Getting The Beach Bod Back (or Close To)

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BrianandAlicia, Jan 11, 2020.

1. Gibs

Gibs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    My cholesterol LDLs are through the roof.. so cutting alcohol helped with that and it also helped me shed pounds. But definitely cut the carbs, increase the fibre. Try to limit your drinking to weekends. That alone will have a big impact. Top that with some regular activity, and you'll be ahead of the game. Cutting the drinking seems to be the hardest for me, so I just always have a glass of water in my hand - takes my mind off the beer in the fridge.

2. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    When I was working out hard to get ready for our April 2018 trip, I was having my body composition analysis done every week because my gym had the machine. I found that I was losing muscle, and if you lose muscle, it is harder to burn fat. The owner of my gym recommended taking BCAA's immediately after every workout to prevent your body from burning muscle instead of fat, and it made a big difference for me in maintaining muscle while losing fat.

I also completely cut bread, pasta and other starches out of my diet. Completely. Exceptionally painful but effective.

And only a rare drink on weekdays.

3. Deleted member 44490

Deleted member 44490 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey man, if you’re looking for work out routine that will keep you motivated and inspired, try the Spartan 300 workout. It’s FREE and on YouTube with Multiple videos. It’s called the 300 workout (movie as well) bc you do approx 300 reps of 7 exercises total.

300........where few......stood against many.

4. 1fit

1fit Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    1.Lots of salt
    2. 1.5-2 gallons of water/day
    3. 5 meals/day
    3a Example:
    meal 1: 12 oz egg whites or 2 scoops whey protein, 1/2 cup quinoa or brown rice or oats or 4 oz sweet potato

meal 2: 6 oz turkey (97/3 or leaner) or chicken breast or tilapia or Pollock or cod or 8 oz shrimp or 12 oz egg whites or 2 scoops whey protein, 5 asparagus spears or 1 cup spinach or kale or lettuce or cauliflower or cucumber or green beans or cabbage

meal 3: 6 oz turkey (97/3 or leaner) or chicken breast or tilapia or Pollock or cod or 8 oz shrimp or 12 oz egg whites or 2 scoops whey protein, 5 asparagus spears or 1 cup spinach or kale or lettuce or cauliflower or cucumber or green beans or cabbage

meal 4: 6 oz 93/7 beef or salmon, 5 asparagus spears or 1 cup spinach or kale or lettuce or cauliflower or cucumber or green beans or cabbage

meal 5: 6 oz turkey (97/3 or leaner) or chicken breast or tilapia or Pollock or cod or 8 oz shrimp or 12 oz egg whites or 2 scoops whey protein, 5 asparagus spears or 1 cup spinach or kale or lettuce or cauliflower or cucumber or green beans or cabbage

4. Lift weights 6 days/ week
    5. Cardio (30 min) 4 days/week

Do this for 8 weeks, and you will be amazed.

5. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    Wait...lots of salt? This is the opposite of everything I know, but I guess I work with people with health issues... How does the salt help?

6. mcingr

mcingr Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 1
    Yikes, this sounds like the perfect example of the type of diet that no one will follow for longer than a couple days.

7. 1fit

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Salt actually helps you flush out water, but high salt only works if you drink a lot of water. It is a great combo.

8. 1fit

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Everything in life comes down to this: What do you want more?
    Do you want that pizza, or do you want that body? Cake or the body? Chill on the couch... There is no right answer, just your answer of what you want.

This is me after 8 weeks. All I did was decide I wanted to look a certain way at the pool in Vegas more than I wanted to sleep in or eat certain things.

Attached Files:

9. Jes

Jes Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +298 / 0
    Things that don’t help: when your coworker was “running late anyway” so they stopped for doughnuts along the way.

10. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Great work!
    I notice you started in Jan 2019 from the first photo.
    So the second taken was after 8 weeks transformation.
    And have you stuck with it?
    Any recent photos...not asking for them but wondering if you have been able to maintain or even improve !!! ?
    Diet meals shown are quite restrictive but as you stated it was your choice.
    And of course, not to be intrusive, but what is your age?
    Also, I am sure tgat many would just like to look like you “before” photo “after” all their diet and exercise...we are all different for sure!
    From comments of others, as you read the diet is/would be hard to stick with but a necessary evil!
    Again, great work and results.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice