Getting The Beach Bod Back (or Close To)

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BrianandAlicia, Jan 11, 2020.

1. BrianandAlicia

BrianandAlicia Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +615 / 0
    I have often thought about having liposuction. What was the turn around time on that? Were you in a lot of discomfort afterwards?

2. slopoke3

slopoke3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    My (Tim) best remedy is to avoid mirrors and scales. Works like magic!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Andrea&Mike

Andrea&Mike Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +106 / 0
    You’ve got to do something that will not only give you a result but will be realistically sustainable. Any “diet” per se will work initially for as long as you stick to it. 3 months, 6 months, etc. But is it something you can do conceptually forever. If not, you’ll default back and most past where you started. We have done an elimination diet, cut out gluten, sugar, dairy, red meat, alcohol for 3 weeks. Eat as you normally would otherwise, portion size appropriate, etc. After the 3 weeks, reintroduce one item at a time. Within 3-5 days you’ll figure out if it’s an item that is ok for your body or not. Trust me, you’ll feel it. I (Mike) lost 16 pounds and Andrea is down just about 10. We cheat occasionally, and we notice it. Pretty amazing the difference you feel in your overall wellness. I highly recommend giving it some thought and looking into.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I have done something very similar. Previous diets included weight watchers and a form of keto and previous workouts range from p90x to lots of weights to lots of cardio. Nothing worked for me like the elimination diet I did.

It was supposed to be a 2 week elimination of sugar, alcohol, caffeine, gluten, dairy, eggs, peanuts and soy. With doing 10,000 steps a day but they actually told me to temporarily stop my orangetheory (which I love by the way) as the intensity of those workouts would create more eating and craving. I love to workout and do so a lot so it was tough to pull back. But it worked. They gave me recipes I could use that pretty much was veggies and lean proteins and even some fruit (unlike keto). Everything I ate was fresh and I would make it. In the 2 weeks I lost 14 pounds, my ‘allergies’ went away and I stopped snoring. After a rough 3 initial days (I think due to the combo of no caffeine and less carbs) I felt amazing. I was supposed to introduce one item at a time back to see what my body wasn’t liking but I was so happy I decided to go another week and lost another 4 pounds so I was up to 18 pounds lost. I then had to bring back alcohol but continued passing on the other items (with the exception of a cheat maybe once a week. For example thanksgiving had to be a cheat) and have been losing about 2 pounds a week since and am now up to 30 pounds lost and 6 inches off my waste. I have been able to add back the orangetheory workouts about 2-3 times a week and don’t have those same cravings I used to with a workout. I used to eat a ton right after my workouts.

I believe what I am doing I can do long term. I start the day with a protein shake with fruit. Then make a fresh lunch and dinner with the lean proteins and veggies and use a service called green chef to send me ingredients that fit the organic, no gluten, no dairy approach and also save me time.

i too seem to have plateaued with the actual weight loss but am seeing other more important results like inches lost and toning and simply feeling better. I hope to continue to lose weight in a sustainable way but only time will tell.

Sorry for the long answer but there is a lot involved. For me eating right was way more critical than the workout aspect. Acknowledge everyone is different.

5. FakeNewsTeam

FakeNewsTeam It's a matter of time, but time is all we have! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,598 / 13
    Joe the NYC firefighter told be last trip this this simple trick that he learned from another trainer/friend...”go to bed hungry, wake up skinny”.
    Reason is the body makes and stores fat at night when you sleep.

Now, you have to be able to actually go to sleep with an empty belly!

I think it works.
    And yes Joe, and his wife are both ripped.

6. Karen/Scott

Karen/Scott Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0

You guys looked good to us ;) Too bad we are going to miss you this year :( Good luck it's a constant struggle, we are doing Keto

7. BrianandAlicia

BrianandAlicia Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +615 / 0
    I wish we could take the whole month off and stay so we can see you guys too :(

8. KyleandShaylaK

KyleandShaylaK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +218 / 0
    This is my biggest struggle. I’m going to try stop eating by 7PM.

9. SUPnSun

SUPnSun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +422 / 1
    I’m a fan of the calorie tracking app MyFitnessPal. I dropped 40lbs with it a few years ago, and have been using it to help manage my weight since.

When I learned my morning Tim Hortons Double-Double had 200Cal...

10. KyleandShaylaK

KyleandShaylaK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +218 / 0
    I stopped eating their breakfast sandwiches. I’m sure that wasn’t healthy for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice