getting from the airport?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by miked, Jun 25, 2008.

1. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does anyone know how much a cab from the airport to the resort is? I have used tranfers before and they are ok, but I don't like having to wait for my car to get there. I'm just wondering if it is just as cheap to get a cab.

2. hammerman

hammerman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    last time i heard $40

3. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We did a transfer that we booked through here and our car was there within 5 minutes of hooking up with our guy. For 35 bucks I will take it.

Last year was a disaster when we went the cheap route. We took the colectivo (shared vans) and waited and waited and waited until they had us packed into a very hot van like sardines. It was only 20 bucks for the two of us but it sucked being on that hot van for so long. I think the regular cabs were twice the price.

4. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    There was a mix-up with our transfer on a trip earlier this year, and we ended up taking a taxi to the airport. The cost was $25.

Would be more than that going to the resort from the airport, and you would have to go thru one of the transport guys outside for a car.

5. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The last I was aware of you can not get a taxi from the airport to your hotel. Unless you catch one that's just dropped people off. Maybe that has changed, but not that I'm aware of.

If you get a private transfer van, it is generally around 45.00 for 2 people, but is a straight shot. You will still have to wait on the van to come from outside the airport to get you. The vans are not sitting there waiting to be rented.

We always use cancun valet and have never been dissappointed or had a problem. Would highly recommend to anyone. But they to are outside the airport and have to come inside to get their customers.

6. tunalion

tunalion Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just got back and the best we could find on a cab was $53.00. You can get on a shuttle for $40.00. They only let one company provide cab rides from the airport. However, on the way back, from TTR to the airport, it is only $25 from a different company. Now the company at the airport tells you the ride back is cheaper if you will call them. We didn't bother.

7. RoynSandy

RoynSandy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    In April our tranfer co.was Hotel beds,they never showed up to get us to go back to the airport,took a cab for 25.00,we have used best day transfew in the past and was always happy with them.We are insisting Alpha rooms book us with them this trip in Oct.

8. funcouple

funcouple Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We booked our transfer through Steve's website I think it is Brandt's. If I remember it was $55.00 for the both of us but that is private from the airport to your hotel and then again when you leave from the hotel to the airport. You give the pickup man $40.00 at the airport and then when you go to the airport you give him $15.00. You print your tickets for the transfers from your email and away you go. The gentleman waiting for you has a sign that says USA Transfers and we would definately go that route again.

9. East Texas couple

East Texas couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we booked with the resort so after were back I will have info on how they did :D

10. miked

miked Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is who I plan on using so that will be great. When do you go?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice